The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Becky

House repairs

Staff

Trying to match a whodunnit texture finish is not an easy task...  the idiot used duct tape on the edge of the sofit while never removing the residue and it is painted over.  I will not wash the walls and ceiling  prime them and NOT remove that duct tape residue . So far the best attempt has been heat , scraping , then a sanding ... about 8 foot left to go.  It is strange how huge a strip 1 inch to maybe 1 1/2 by ten foot long can look... almost ready to skim coat the whole sofit ...  I dont even like sofits. 

• Like 1

Staff

That part of the task is done ..  TSP cleaned the area texturing  is next ... Any know a good alternative to gloss paint for the kitchen ? Flat paint hides much of the ugly texturing . Maybe at age 72 i should paint it with eggshell i doubt i will ever be the one to wash the dumb ceiling again. 🙂 There are no less then 6 ceiling patches where lights have been changed out.  

5 hours ago, Becky said:

That part of the task is done ..  TSP cleaned the area texturing  is next ... Any know a good alternative to gloss paint for the kitchen ? Flat paint hides much of the ugly texturing . Maybe at age 72 i should paint it with eggshell i doubt i will ever be the one to wash the dumb ceiling again. 🙂 There are no less then 6 ceiling patches where lights have been changed out.  

I did quite a few upgrades when I was still swinging  my Rig Ax and Hammer.  The most universally enjoyed Kitchen Paints were pale colors trimmed with contrasting bright trim.  My Wife loves the darker Egg Shell with a more Oriental bright Red trim.  I must admit that the Simi-Gloss for both colors make keeping the walls clean with a damp rag is a big plus to her and my daughter.

Staff

This was 25 years ago . The photo is not the best .. John & I raised the house putting it on a foundation .. It was built circa 1900.  Installing the "tin ceiling' was a real nightmare  . image.png.043996a886c338f8c5f37350f9e12ddb.png

Staff

image.png.34046d32a81018e8861e6d1410e51fef.pngThe back porch was the best  

• Like 1

Staff

The house in the above photo burned to the ground 2015 in that  'Valley Fire' .

This home is a nice downsize  a very simple 3- 2. A few old light fixture patches have been redone . The ceiling now has a fresh coat of paint, simple white. Repairing repairs on the kitchen walls is happening. Not one switch/receptacle plate is straight  the plates are 'fancy' ones .. 😕 . The electric components  will be replaced after the painting is finished . Plain white or light ivory  receptacles and switches with plain cover plates . Need a sunny day for light before i can turn off the power..  

Any one else do home repairs ?