The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Support

Beth Moore Speaks out in Solidarity with Sex Abuse Victims Following SBC Abuse Report

Beth Moore is speaking out following the publication of an investigative article in the Houston Chronicle that revealed that some 700 people were sexually abused by leaders in the Southern Baptist Church.

View the full article

The pastors named in the first article should be held responsible and be asked to step aside from ministry. But we all know they are unlikely to do so. As  SB and once SB pastor I am deeply grieved, I had no idea so many women had been sexually abused by SB ministers. 

Sexual abuse is far more common that most people will believe. Sexual abuse happens to boys as well and sometime parents won't believe it happens to their son. My parents refused to believe me, at 5 years old that my aunt sexual abused me. I was spanked and told to apologize, and had soap in my mouth for telling a lie.  Back in 1949 that never entered the minds of parents. 

Staff

The Sunday School bus drive got me and my older sister.  About 10 years later he died. Walking through the living room i heard " Brother Ming passed away'  I said good he molested me.  WHAT? yup he molested me and Sue ... 

AofG Pastor and head of the Northern California Nevada  CAs  ( Christ Ambassadors  AofGs youth group ) He had a number of affairs . Affairs are not a crime like molesting children. That does not change the fact he was a real creep.  

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, Becky said:

The Sunday School bus drive got me and my older sister.  About 10 years later he died. Walking through the living room i heard " Brother Ming passed away'  I said good he molested me.  WHAT? yup he molested me and Sue ... 

AofG Pastor and head of the Northern California Nevada  CAs  ( Christ Ambassadors  AofGs youth group ) He had a number of affairs . Affairs are not a crime like

eep.  

molesting children. That does not change the fact he was a real creep.  

I don't know the answer beyond no teen nor adult should ever be alone with anyone younger than themselves.  The services are filled with murderers. thieves, rapists and child molesters, all unrepented, CREEPS!  We must become wiser and, even then we will, still, need to deal with the creeps on some level,