The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
News Feeder

Jehovah My Rock (2019-02-12)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• The true worship of Jesus by the Jehovah's Witnesses (2 Timothy 4:16-18)

2 Timothy 4:16-18 (16) At my first defense no one supported me, but all deserted me; may it not be counted against them. (17) But the Lord stood with me and strengthened me, so that through me the proclamation might be fully accomplished, and that all the Gentiles might hear; and I was rescued out of the lion’s mouth. (18) The Lord will rescue me from every evil deed, and will bring me safely to His heavenly kingdom; to Him be the glory forever and ever. Amen. (NASB)   I

in Arianism

• Jehovah Witnesses and the Divine Name

JWs really emphasis the used of the word "Jehovah." At this time I will not address the many problems with the history or form of the word "Jehovah," but will focus on the NWT of the N.T. In the NWT of the N.T. every time the Greek word "kurios" appears in the text, and refers to God the Father, the NTW render it "Jehovah." The Watchtower claims it is restoring the divine name back into the N.T. were it once was. The Watchtower claims:     Again the Watchtower states:     There i

in Apologetics and Theology

• Jehovah's Witnesses and 1 John 3:2

1 John 3:2 Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is. (NASB, the underlined is mine)    To whom does the "He" and "Him" refer to in 1 John 3:2 according to the Jehovah's Witnesses?   a. Jehovah God and not Jesus Christ The Watchtower: At times the conscientious translator may feel justified in adding a word or two to make the meaning cl

in Arianism

• Jehovah's Witnesses and praying to Jesus in John 14:14

John 14:14 If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it. (NASB - the boldface is mine)  This passage teaches that the Lord Jesus is to be prayed to.[*1]  Since the Jehovah's Witnesses teach that the Lord Jesus is not to be prayed to[*2] it is worth noting that in their 'Kingdom Interlinear Translation of the Greek Scriptures' the "Me" appears in John 14:14.  The boldface below is mine if ever    anything    you should ask         me        in        the      name       

in Arianism