SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Just Mike

The United Methodist Church to vote on LGBTQ Pastors

Just Mike

On this Tuesday February 12, 2019 the United Methodist Church will gather in St. Louis to accept LGBTQ Pastors. Many fear this will split the Methodist denomination. John Wesley surly would be so ashamed of how the church has become turned form the teaching of the Bible. 

I personally hope those who still believe in Scripture brake away from the LGBTQ group as fast as they can! Like yesterday!

• Like 1

Faber

From such turn away (2 Timothy 3:5, KJV).

William
Staff
1 hour ago, Just Mike said:

On this Tuesday February 12, 2019 the United Methodist Church will gather in St. Louis to accept LGBTQ Pastors. Many fear this will split the Methodist denomination. John Wesley surly would be so ashamed of how the church has become turned form the teaching of the Bible. 

I personally hope those who still believe in Scripture brake away from the LGBTQ group as fast as they can! Like yesterday!

I heard that Methodist at least went through a spell when they no longer had actual bibles in the pews?

Like most denominations or churches which are overrun by liberal theologians I'm willing to bet that there's no longer any trace of historical creeds or confessions. Especially those which established the first principle of the 5 Solas which came from out of the Protestant Reformation (Sola Scriptura).

Secondly, the Methodist church is following a familiar pattern established by a slippery slope which began by allowing women to serve as Pastors. Speaking of isn't Hillary Clinton Methodist and didn't she publicly announce her desire to become a Methodist Pastor?

• Sad 1

davidtaylorjr

On this Tuesday February 12, 2019 the United Methodist Church will gather in St. Louis to accept LGBTQ Pastors.

Actually, it is not tomorrow it is February 23-26.  And we do not know whether or not the denomination will accept LGBTQ pastors. At the moment, the votes are not there for that (Thank God).

Unfortunately, it is not that easy. The way the denomination was set up there are legal issues with trying to leave the denomination. It is much more complicated than you would think.

12 minutes ago, William said:

I heard that Methodist at least went through a spell when they no longer had actual bibles in the pews?

That would only be true for an individual local congregation, not the Denomination as a whole.

12 minutes ago, William said:

I'm willing to bet that there's no longer any trace of historical creeds or confessions.

At the Denomination level, you are mostly correct. Although the Apostle's Creed (and perhaps others) is still in the Book of Discipline as official church doctrine. At the local level it is very different and depends on the congregation and its pastor.

13 minutes ago, William said:

Especially those which established the first principle of the 5 Solas which came from out of the Protestant Reformation (Sola Scriptura).

The Denomination HQ flat out says that the Bible is not the final authority and that we must go to reason and tradition followed by experience and logic. Scary isn't it?

14 minutes ago, William said:

Secondly, the Methodist church is following a familiar pattern established by a slippery slope which began by allowing women to serve as Pastors.

Agreed

Here are some articles I have written on the matter. For the record, I attend a UMC church but we do not follow the denomination. We are closer to a Southern Baptist Church but, as I said, pulling out of the denomination is not a straightforward operation.

REFORMEDTRUTHS.COM

An article titled "Be Careful Using The Bible" was published this week on the United Methodist news site. The article is troublesome as it shows a clear lack of exegetical and hermeneutical understanding that is so rampant in...

REFORMEDTRUTHS.COM

In the ongoing drama leading up to the United Methodist Church's Special Session of the General Conference next month one argument that we have seen over and over is that the church needs to stay unified above all else...
REFORMEDTRUTHS.COM

As we look forward to next month's Special General Conference of the United Methodist Church regarding human sexuality, I have one simple question, what changed? If the current doctrine of the church, which should...

REFORMEDTRUTHS.COM

The Council of Bishops of the United Methodist Church has decided to advocate for an option called The One Church Plan. They argue that the plan allows the best way forward with minimal impact to the United Methodist...
REFORMEDTRUTHS.COM

Next month the United Methodist Church General Conference will meet and make major decisions on the beliefs of the church regarding homosexuality and transgender issues. In 2016 the regularly scheduled General...

REFORMEDTRUTHS.COM

Next month, the United Methodist Church will join several other mainline denominations in America to take up the task on what to do with the LGBTQ movement. Specifically, they will vote on whether or not to allow LGBT...

• Like 1
  • Informative 1