The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

Staff
54 minutes ago, Faber said:

The Word

The Creator

The true Light

God

No one can argue with that.

• Like 1

Staff
31 minutes ago, Origen said:

No one can argue with that.

This is the internet some one will 

• Haha 2

It was always the pre-incarnate Jesus dealing with all the patriarchs of old. No human has seen God the Father, in any form: John 6:46: “Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.”

Jesus is the creator, lawgiver and leader of ancient Israel:

1 Corinthians 10:1-4: “Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; and were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; and 1 did all eat the same spiritual meat; and did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.”

John 8:58: “Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.”

John 1:1-3: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.” It was He that said "Let there be light" (Gen. 1:3).

To behold the face of the Father (now also Christ) in His glorified state, we would automatically serve Him. We would be so overwhelmed we would feel His power. Like when He comes back and they call for the rocks to fall upon them to escape His felt power. It wouldn’t take faith to serve Him, and He insists on faith (Heb. 11:6).   :RpS_thumbsup:

6 hours ago, Faber said:

The true Light

Isaiah 2:5 (YHWH)

O house of Jacob, come ye, and let us walk in the light of the LORD.

Ephesians 5:8 (Jesus)

For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light.

18 hours ago, Faber said:

The Word

The Creator

The true Light

God

Yes - and about light... and in reading those verses, what can we ascertain about the light? 

I think that light represents goodness/purity while darkness represents evil. Light carries with it the idea of life. Satan masquerades as an angel of light, but he is in reality full of darkness, deception and death.

Staff
9 hours ago, Faber said:

I think that light represents goodness/purity while darkness represents evil. Light carries with it the idea of life. Satan masquerades as an angel of light, but he is in reality full of darkness, deception and death.

Hope one doesn't mind me sharing my "musing" on this subject?

In my thinking light may represent revelation. In Genesis the light revealed the process of creation. Likewise, light can reveal our depravity etc. In us, as image bearers we've often associated revelation with that "light bulb" moment. I for one think the light of God spoken of in Genesis before day 4 was not electro magnetic radiation as given off from the sun. Likewise offices today no longer provide the process of revelation but only "illumination" of the word of God. To me these very offices are to do with "light".

I won't go into an angelology too much, but consider not only who but what the Logos is in God's image bearers. I've always been fascinated by angels. For example, Michael may represent in Scripture Justice, and "pure" justice cannot be manipulated by evil. However, Gabriel often times represents an intelligence and appears in Scripture giving revelation. When Gabriel shows up on the scene some revelation is coming. The thing about Satan is that he knows Scripture and can masquerade around as an angel of light twisting Scripture and illuminating for what is evil. Of course, angels can take upon themselves human form. Can the process of "justice" take upon the flesh? Intelligence the flesh? and evil the flesh? Can evil misuse intelligence to advocate its agenda? In this way I can understand why a third of the angels are said to have fallen but were laid waste to an angel of justice.

That's my musing, be gentle!

7 hours ago, William said:

The thing about Satan is that he knows Scripture and can masquerade around as an angel of light twisting Scripture and illuminating for what is evil. Of course, angels can take upon themselves human form. Can the process of "justice" take upon the flesh? Intelligence the flesh? and evil the flesh? Can evil misuse intelligence to advocate its agenda?

I believe Satan would have 2 primary objectives in twisting Scripture. 1. Divide The Church/Christians and 2. Prevent new believers

8 hours ago, William said:

Can evil misuse intelligence to advocate its agenda? In this way I can understand why 2/3rds of the angels are said to have fallen but were laid waste to an angel of justice.

I thought it was 1/3rd of the angels that fell.  :classic_huh:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chaplain Carter said:

Yes - and about light... and in reading those verses, what can we ascertain about the light? 

I believe the light refers to the fact that man would not come to God on their own. Jesus was the light that brought man to God. His life, message, death, and resurrection - The Gospel - gave the world the path to eternal life with God in place of death. 

Staff
34 minutes ago, deade said:

Yes, a third.

Thanks Deade for the correction.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2019 at 2:29 AM, deade said:

It was always the pre-incarnate Jesus dealing with all the patriarchs of old. No human has seen God the Father, in any form: John 6:46“Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.”

Jesus is the creator, lawgiver and leader of ancient Israel:

1 Corinthians 10:1-4: “Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; and were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; and 1 did all eat the same spiritual meat; and did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.”

John 8:58: “Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.”

John 1:1-3: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.” It was He that said "Let there be light" (Gen. 1:3).

To behold the face of the Father (now also Christ) in His glorified state, we would automatically serve Him. We would be so overwhelmed we would feel His power. Like when He comes back and they call for the rocks to fall upon them to escape His felt power. It wouldn’t take faith to serve Him, and He insists on faith (Heb. 11:6).   :RpS_thumbsup:

The most High God was born here as a Man once He made Himself flesh, God is a Man also, but the expression Man does not invalid His Godhead and His nature as a Supreme Creator of all things.  And the name that the Most High and Almighty God chose for He Himself as a Man, once made flesh, was and is JESUS. 

Reading and understanding  Hebrews 1:1-5

1 God (the Most High God), who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these last days (last two days or last two thousand years) has spoken unto us by His Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; (The Dispensations of the OT and NT and now He will establish His Kingdom - the 3rd heaven -  here on the Earth)

3 Who being the brightness of His glory, and the EXPRESS IMAGE  of His person (the express image of the Person of the Almighty God) , and upholding all things by the Word of His Power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

4 Being made so much better than the angels, as He hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they. - JESUS -

5 For unto which of the angels said He at any time, Thou art my Son, this Day (that is the fourth Day after Adam or/and two thousand years ago) have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to Him a Father, and He shall be to me a Son?

6 And again, when He bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, He saith, And let all the angels of God worship Him.    -   Well, this is exactly what I am just doing here.

On 2/7/2019 at 3:46 AM, deade said:

Revelation 12:v.3-4 and 7-13

3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven (heaven is not the physical space of the Universe, but celestial place in Christ (Eph.1:v.3); and behold a great red Dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

4 And his TAIL drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth:

7 And there was WAR in heaven: Michael and his angels (the true Christians, the elects of the Lord) fought against the Dragon (the red Dragon with his 7 heads and 10 horns and a TAIL); and the Dragon fought and his angels, 

8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven (actually the 2nd heaven).

9 And the great Dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out (from heaven) into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.   (Later he will be cast into the bottomless pit.  Rev.20:1-3 - 1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

2 And he laid hold on the Dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, ...)"

10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

13 And when the Dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child. - Michael - 

13 hours ago, Oseas said:

13 And when the Dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child. - Michael - 

Is it correct that you believe Jesus is Michael?

7 hours ago, Faber said:

Is it correct that you believe Jesus is Michael?

JESUS and Michael are different persons.  The Most High and Almighty God sent JESUS as a Savior and Michael as a Warrior.

JESUS is a KING and LORD, Michael is a king and a Lord too.  JESUS is KING of kings and LORD of lords. For better understanding, read Revelation

1:v.6 and 5:v.10 

The birth of JESUS occurred around two thousand years ago, the birth of Michael occurred now in this present time of Apocalypse (Rev.12:v.7)

to fight against Satan, the red Dragon with its 7 heads, 10 horns and a TAIL, and will cast him into the bottomless pit (Rev.20:1-3) and will set a

seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more.

1Thess.4:15-16

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel (Michael), and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ

shall rise first: (Daniel 12:v.1-3) - v.1 -  at that time shall Michael stand up, the great Prince which standeth for the children of thy people: v.2 - many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Prince Michael:  Joshua 5:13-15

13 And it came to pass, when Joshua was by Jericho, that he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, behold, there stood a man over against him with his sword drawn in his hand: and Joshua went unto him, and said unto him, Art thou for us, or for our adversaries?

14 And he (Michael) said, Nay; but as captain of the host of the Lord am I now come. And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship, and said unto him, What saith my Lord unto his servant?

15 And the captain of the Lord's host said unto Joshua, Loose thy shoe from off thy foot; for the place whereon thou standest is holy. And Joshua did so.

1 Corinthians 15:51-53 and 24-26

51 Behold, I shew you a MYSTERY; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: (Michael) for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible (Dan.12:v.2), and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

In Christ JESUS, KING of kings and LORD of lords

Staff

Staff
18 hours ago, Oseas said:

Michael is a king and a Lord too

Where in the Scriptures is Michael called a king and\or lord?

Staff

michael jackson GIF

Vogue edition.

Michael is the king of pop.

• Haha 3

Staff
2 minutes ago, William said:

michael jackson GIF

Vogue edition.

Michael is the king of pop.

Someone is in rare form today.

• Haha 1