Jump to content

SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Goth Explorer

I never buy national newspapers

Recommended Posts

Goth Explorer

So far as I can remember, I have not bought a national newspaper since the spring of 2007.  It was The Daily Express.

 

I read newspapers online if I can do so without paying, and I often read The Metro - a free weekdays-only newspaper in the UK.

 

Although I often enjoy reading them, national newspapers are not our friends.  They serve another deity.

 

I would like to buy a national newspaper which does not belittle the word of God.  I would like to buy a national newspaper which urges its readers not to vote in elections for politicians who defy the word of God.

 

I cannot do much, but I do what I can, and I do not buy national newspapers - ever.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
William
Staff
18 minutes ago, Goth Explorer said:

So far as I can remember, I have not bought a national newspaper since the spring of 2007.  It was The Daily Express.

 

I read newspapers online if I can do so without paying, and I often read The Metro - a free weekdays-only newspaper in the UK.

 

Although I often enjoy reading them, national newspapers are not our friends.  They serve another deity.

 

I would like to buy a national newspaper which does not belittle the word of God.  I would like to buy a national newspaper which urges its readers not to vote in elections for politicians who defy the word of God.

 

I cannot do much, but I do what I can, and I do not buy national newspapers - ever.

 

 

Interested if you find a publication as such. Please post them here once you're sure. I'll take a look at them and consider them for RSS feeds into our site.

Share this post


Link to post
Goth Explorer
15 minutes ago, William said:

Interested if you find a publication as such. Please post them here once you're sure. I'll take a look at them and consider them for RSS feeds into our site.

Sadly I don't expect that day will ever come.

 

But it would help if all Christians in every country refrained from buying newspapers which do not glorify God.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
William
Staff
3 minutes ago, Goth Explorer said:

Sadly I don't expect that day will ever come.

 

But it would help if all Christians in every country refrained from buying newspapers which do not glorify God.

Right, as Christians we should have the right to practice our faith and refrain from contributing towards what does not glorify God.

 

Your simple reasoning a very big issue here in America. Do Christian business owners have the right to decline buying into medical insurance which provide abortion to employees?

 

The rationale behind refraining from buying a National news paper which is a propaganda piece for a political party etc might say no.

Share this post


Link to post
Goth Explorer
1 minute ago, William said:

Do Christian business owners have the right to decline buying into medical insurance which provide abortion to employees?

That is another issue.

 

By refusing to buy a national newspaper, I am harming no one, except the dark interest groups which own those newspapers.  If I've got it right, every national newspaper in Britain is owned by a multinational corporation - with the possible exception of The Guardian.  Last time I read The Guardian, one of their columnists appeared to be saying that anyone she didn't like was a fascist.

 

Not buying into medical insurance might cause unexpected harm, and so I will not comment further on that one.

 

Share this post


Link to post
William
Staff
3 minutes ago, Goth Explorer said:

Not buying into medical insurance might cause unexpected harm, and so I will not comment further on that one.

Just to elaborate there's a distinction between buying into medical insurance and medical insurance which provides abortion. The latter funds Planned Parenthood.

 

I do agree with you, one type of insurance results in the murder of children.

 

Consider that not talking about these issues may be a major reason why there are no God honoring publications where you are at.

 

The opposition seemingly has a voice but the Christian voice, perhaps, shouldn't be in the national news. I'm sure most publications would suggest this.

 

Question is, are we buying into that?

Share this post


Link to post
Goth Explorer

Maybe I didn't answer your previous point very well, but of course I am British, and do not know very much about medical insurance.

 

Yes, if you have the choice between medical insurance which defies God or medical insurance which does not defy God, then we should choose the latter.

 

Share this post


Link to post
William
Staff
4 minutes ago, Goth Explorer said:

I am British

Nice to have brethren in Britain!

Share this post


Link to post
Matthew A.Duvall
On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 2:56 PM, Goth Explorer said:

So far as I can remember, I have not bought a national newspaper since the spring of 2007.  It was The Daily Express.

 

I read newspapers online if I can do so without paying, and I often read The Metro - a free weekdays-only newspaper in the UK.

 

Although I often enjoy reading them, national newspapers are not our friends.  They serve another deity.

 

I would like to buy a national newspaper which does not belittle the word of God.  I would like to buy a national newspaper which urges its readers not to vote in elections for politicians who defy the word of God.

 

I cannot do much, but I do what I can, and I do not buy national newspapers - ever.

 

 

We no longer get the news,,,,,we get propaganda ! And that's not worth the read !   M

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...