SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Adziilii

Left Behind

Adziilii

I recently viewed a 2014 movie on NetFlix starring Nicolas Cage titled "Left Behind". There was a glaring omission: nobody came back from the dead for the rapture; only living people were taken out.

Something else overlooked by the movie's producers is the category of folk who are supposed to be taken. According to 1Thess 4:13-17, they are "in him" and "in Christ"; viz: the rapture is exclusive; Christ is coming back for his church and no others.

Well; in order to get in Jesus' church, one must first believe the gospel. Then they have to be sealed in him by the Holy Spirit (Eph 1:13). Therefore; non believing, non sealed children won't be taken in the real rapture. The movie's rapture took all the children.

_

William
Staff

There are quite a few things Amillennialist would say are wrong with the movie.

• Best Answer 1

davidtaylorjr

The Cage version of the movie was QUITE a departure from the books as well.

• Like 1

Adziilii

It's sometimes objected that a truly loving, sensitive, kind-hearted god would never leave children behind to go thru the calamitous events depicted in the book of Revelation.

How many children were spared the Flood?

How many children were spared Sodom and Gomorrah?

How many children would've been spared had not the adults in Nineveh heeded Jonah's warning?

Being left out of the rapture is pretty serious but it isn't necessarily a road to hell; I mean, after all, according to Rev 7:9-17, a very large number of people will be saved during the calamities; which includes a world-wide earthquake so severe on the Richter scale that every city on Earth will collapse at once; no doubt resulting in an unimaginable body count.

Something like 2,829 lost their lives when the World Trade Center was demolished by a terrorist attack in 2001. Well that was only a small portion of New York City. Just imagine the carnage when all of Manhattan comes down at once. along with other major cities like Los Angeles, San Francisco, Mexico City, Paris, Moscow, Beijing, and Tokyo, et al.

_

Becky

The movie is based on a false teachers theology.  Prophets or in Hal Lindsey's case "profits"  of God are never mistaken, wrong, not on the mark. 

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

theophilus

You should have watched the original version of the movie, starring Kirk Cameron rather than Nicholas Cage.  It gives a lot more information about the rapture.

Children who have never sinned don't need to worry about facing judgment, so it is right that they should be taken at the rapture, just as they won't be condemned to Hell when they die.  This last fact is why children were allowed to die in the flood and in the destruction of Sodom.  Death didn't mean eternal condemnation for them.

Adziilii
1 hour ago, theophilus said:

Children who have never sinned don't need to worry about facing judgment, so it is right that they should be taken at the rapture,

The rapture isn't for nondescript people; innocent or otherwise. According to 1Thess 4:13-17, the rapture is exclusive; Christ is coming back for the people who are "in him" and/or "in Christ" and no others.

In order to get one's self "in him" and/or "in Christ" it's necessary to first  believe the gospel-- which includes believing that he rose from the dead --and then undergo sealing by the Holy Spirit. (Eph 1:13)

To my knowledge; those requirements cannot be waived.

_

Edited by Adziilii

davidtaylorjr
8 hours ago, Becky said:

The movie is based on a false teachers theology. 

Be careful throwing around the word "False Teacher's" the book was written by Tim LeHay and he is very solid in his theology. Just because you disagree doesn't make him a false teacher.

6 hours ago, theophilus said:

Children who have never sinned don't need to worry about facing judgment, so it is right that they should be taken at the rapture, just as they won't be condemned to Hell when they die.

Woa there... ALL have sinned. 

Becky
3 minutes ago, davidtaylorjr said:

Be careful throwing around the word "False Teacher's" the book was written by Tim LeHay and he is very solid in his theology. Just because you disagree doesn't make him a false teacher.

Got him and Lindsey  confused . Thanks for the heads up . 

• Like 1

William
Staff
3 minutes ago, Becky said:

Got him and Lindsey  confused . Thanks for the heads up . 

Well, I don't have Cameron and Cage confused. They're both horrible actors. :classic_ninja:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Origen
9 minutes ago, William said:

Well, I don't have Cameron and Cage confused. They're both horrible actors. :classic_ninja:

• ouch 1

Becky
1 hour ago, davidtaylorjr said:

Do you believe there will be a secret rapture? 

davidtaylorjr
2 hours ago, Becky said:

What do you mean by Secret? Do I believe there will be a rapture? Absolutely.

deade

Most pre-tribulation rapture proponents believe in a third coming of Jesus Christ with the next coming only in the clouds to gather His church: Thus "secret" rapture. Those of us that believe the very next return of Jesus will be when the sky scrolls apart. That is when the rapture happens.

Rev. 6:14 "And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places."

Becky
13 hours ago, Becky said:

11 hours ago, davidtaylorjr said:

The question was simply Do you believe there will be a secret rapture? , 

Now i will add If so why and if not why? 

davidtaylorjr
5 minutes ago, Becky said:

The question was simply Do you believe there will be a secret rapture?

Then apparently I don't understand your question. I don't know what you mean by Secret Rapture. I believe in the Rapture, yes.

Becky

How can one not understand such a straight simple question . I will not ask again. 

William
Staff

Then apparently I don't understand your question. I don't know what you mean by Secret Rapture. I believe in the Rapture, yes.

Like in the Left Behind movie.

davidtaylorjr
3 hours ago, Becky said:

How can one not understand such a straight simple question . I will not ask again. 

That is pretty condescending and not appreciated. Why not just explain what you mean by Secret?

2 hours ago, William said:

Like in the Left Behind movie.

Thanks for clarifying. No, I think the movies portray the rapture wrong. It is going to have some bombast with it. Everyone will know Christ took the church away.

William
Staff
Just now, davidtaylorjr said:

That is pretty condescending and not appreciated.

No, I think the movies portray the rapture wrong. It is going to have some bombast with it. Everyone will know Christ took the church away.

I believe that's what Becky was referring to in context of the Left Behind movie. I hear people that promote the movie and think it is a very accurate depiction of the theology they adhere.

davidtaylorjr
32 minutes ago, William said:

I believe that's what Becky was referring to in context of the Left Behind movie. I hear people that promote the movie and think it is a very accurate depiction of the theology they adhere.

Doesn't really matter what she was referring to, the response was condescending since I obviously didn't realize what she was referring to. But, back on topic, yes people think it is an accurate depiction rather than a Hollywood movie.

Just Mike

I do not see in Scripture where or when a child becomes accountable to God for their sins. But there is an age when a child is able to understand that Jesus Christ died to save them from their sins. This may be different from child to child. So "IF" one holds to this rapture theory then there are certainly some children being raptured.

I am follow Historic Premilllennialism position so the "secret rapture" theory is unrealistic as far as I am concerned.

• Like 1

GaoLu
18 hours ago, deade said:

Most pre-tribulation rapture proponents believe in a third coming of Jesus Christ with the next coming only in the clouds to gather His church: Thus "secret" rapture. Those of us that believe the very next return of Jesus will be when the sky scrolls apart. That is when the rapture happens.

Rev. 6:14 "And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places."

Confusion arises when the rapture is described to be "secret."  I don't think it will be secret at all. Further confusion is created by saying there is a third coming.  Not really.  To avoid straw-man fallacies, we might better discuss the matter in terms we all agree are true.

What if, as David says, the rapture isn't a "coming of Christ" in the sense of the final coming in which the sky scrolls apart? What if, rather, the rapture is a time when the Lord descends, the world hears a trumpet and the voice of an archangel--a dramatically "bombastic event"--and the righteous dead and living go to be with their Lord?  The actual coming of Christ that ends time as depicted in the Revelation and later descent of New Jerusalem would certainly occur later.   

Edited by GaoLu
  • Like 2
  • Informative 1

deade
1 hour ago, GaoLu said:

What if, as David says, the rapture isn't a "coming of Christ" in the sense of the final coming in which the sky scrolls apart? What if, rather, the rapture is a time when the Lord descends, the world hears a trumpet and the voice of an archangel--a dramatically "bombastic event"--and the righteous dead and living go to be with their Lord?  The actual coming of Christ that ends time as depicted in the Revelation and later descent of New Jerusalem would certainly occur later.   

If Jesus were to descend into our atmosphere it seems it would still be considered a coming. In fact, Paul called it that. 1 Cor. 15:23 "But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming."

John also called it that: 1 John 2:28 "And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming."     :RpS_thumbsup:

• Like 1