The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Becky

What's for Supper?

Staff

We all eat , some of us cook .

Tonight we had braised bone in beef short ribs.  Simmered with potatoes and carrots . Not my photo 

image.png.e1ca4d018223dcea3cfff0cd51e04f64.png 

Any one else cook ? 

• Like 3

Staff

Just cooked two steaks and fried up some mushrooms. My wife gave blood today so she'll need the iron. 

• Like 2

Staff

who does the cooking at your house @William

• Like 2

Staff
9 minutes ago, Becky said:

who does the cooking at your house @William

Both, my wife and I. Since she's the primary bread winner I try to fulfill other chores which are in need. 

She's definitely my Proverbs 31 gal, she is quite capable of everything and she supports me in the great commission. While I do not go to a physical gate to meet among the elders, this'll have to do for now. 

Makes me think about how even a cultural conservative role in America is backwards. Instead of supporting the great commission, spouse's roles support the one working most for worldly endeavors.

• Like 3

I love to cook. I had to teach my first wife or I would have gone hungry. My second wife was a good cook, but I was better. She didn't have much confidence to try new things on her own. I had to give it up for a while until I got my new knee joints back in '16. 

I applaud you William for stepping up for your wife. Where true love is, everything will get done with everyone satisfied. You tackle this life with a true partnership.  :classic_cool:  

• Like 3

Staff

What do you like to cook @deade

• Like 2

Enchiladas: I do beef with red chili sauce and chicken with green chili sauce. My grand kids always ask me to make Chicken A'la King. I make a world famous beef stew that my youngest son just loves! I bake a little when I get rambunctious enough. My last baking project was Salted Caramel Apple-Pie Filling bread pudding. We had a couple of cans of the caramel-apple to use up. Easier than pie.

• Like 2

Staff

I am coming to your house 🙂

• Haha 2

Staff

To night Chicken tenders from the gas station ...That's what happens when we go to town. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Becky said:

To night Chicken tenders from the gas station ...That's what happens when we go to town. 

Those are usually pretty good. I like 'em anyway.  :RpS_thumbup:

• Like 1

Staff

to night New York steak baked tater steamed broccoli .  Simple food.

Story from about 50 years ago.. Often on payday i would get 2 steaks  hefty t bone or porter house  Jr about 5 years  would get one filet  Our daughter about 3 and i split the new york side I am not much on steak.  One day this kid eating filet started asking things like why cant i have a real steak. You do have a real one... a bit later I want  a real steak after a few times i am getting the drift he is missing something.. I start asking him what he means .. MOM a real steak you know one with a bone in it like dad's .. The kid then got most  the new york side WITH the bone and our daughter had the filet 

I would rather have a cheeseburger then steak any day. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Becky said:

to night New York steak baked tater steamed broccoli .  Simple food.

Story from about 50 years ago.. Often on payday i would get 2 steaks  hefty t bone or porter house  Jr about 5 years  would get one filet  Our daughter about 3 and i split the new york side I am not much on steak.  One day this kid eating filet started asking things like why cant i have a real steak. You do have a real one... a bit later I want  a real steak after a few times i am getting the drift he is missing something.. I start asking him what he means .. MOM a real steak you know one with a bone in it like dad's .. The kid then got most  the new york side WITH the bone and our daughter had the filet 

I would rather have a cheeseburger then steak any day. 

Hahaha... His loss, huh? I struggle with steak also, I like pressure cooked roast beef.

green-yes-text-smiley-emoticon.gif.d7eeebcaef01fa8b23d15c1a6fc451aa.gif

• Like 1

Staff

To night will be a gumbo soup some rice, sausage, shrimp with a very light cajun base as i am a sissy . Fresh made corn bread almost dripping with butter .

• Like 2

i'll be sautee'ing onions n' garlic n' fish when the groceries get here....i'm about ready to eat one o' those Liitle Debbie's Zebra cake rolls hahaaa

23 minutes ago, Becky said:

To night will be a gumbo soup some rice, sausage, shrimp with a very light cajun base as i am a sissy . Fresh made corn bread almost dripping with butter .

You might live in CA but jussss as this old Wanna Bee Cunny lives in TX, you be Cunny by blood!!!  Loving good food 'til this old boy goes Home and my Cardiologist can continue wailing the Heart Attack Blues as I sing Praise to my Miracle  Working Elohim, YHWH!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Staff
12 minutes ago, Bill Taylor said:

You might live in CA but jussss as this old Wanna Bee Cunny lives in TX, you be Cunny by blood!!!  Loving good food 'til this old boy goes Home and my Cardiologist can continue wailing the Heart Attack Blues as I sing Praise to my Miracle  Working Elohim, YHWH!

You are a blessing brother ... When we meet in Glory Land i will throw together some biscuits and country gravy 🙂 

• Like 2

Staff

Quick fried pork chops . Glazed steamed carrots , Rice, Pork chop gravy ,,, a touch of apple sauce .. I will have a salad. 

Staff

Going out tonight for dinner after church counseling in San Jose.

• Like 1

Staff

Any Sunday Suppers?  Or special party food for the political game i will not watch :classic_laugh:

Staff
1 hour ago, johnwayne said:

Only super bowl for me is always Wrestlemania 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, johnwayne said:

Only super bowl for me is always Wrestlemania 

You know it is all faked, right?

blue-smiley-feeling-sad.gif.6ea4640974986df4563372fae4931278.gif

Staff
41 minutes ago, deade said:

You know it is all faked, right?

blue-smiley-feeling-sad.gif.6ea4640974986df4563372fae4931278.gif