The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship Community Forums

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
News Feeder

Another Major Winter Storm Is Expected Just Days After Gia

By Tim Pearce -

Winter-Storm-250x170.jpg

http://dailycaller.com/

Meteorologists expect two more storms to hit the Midwest and Northeast starting Wednesday, just days after Winter Storm Gia dumped more than a foot of snow over much of the same area.

Winter Storm Gia swept through the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions of the U.S. Jan. 11-13, causing around 500 vehicle accidents in Missouri alone. The storm was a factor in at least 13 deaths and knocked out power to tens of thousands. Several state and local governments, including South Carolina and Virginia, declared states of emergency, The Weather Channel reports.

The next storm, expected Wednesday night through Friday, will likely carry light to moderate snowfall from the upper-Midwest through the Northeast. An icy mix of snow and sleet is expected to drop along areas under the storm’s southern stretch.

The weaker of two winter storms will spread a swath of snow and wintry mix from the Midwest to parts of the Ohio Valley and Northeast from Wednesday night into Friday before the second brings heavier wintry precipitation to the region this weekend: https://t.co/WDlg7diQGO pic.twitter.com/9GA5IkQL2s

— AccuWeather (@breakingweather) January 16, 2019

“Fast movement of the storm from Thursday to Friday should limit the accumulations to a few inches in the snowfall area,” AccuWeather Senior Meteorologist Brett Anderson said.

Meteorologists expect a second, larger winter storm to track a similar path from Friday to Sunday night potentially dumping more than a foot of snow along a stretch starting in Illinois, heading through New York and up to Maine.

#WinterStormHarper will be a major #snowstorm in the Midwest and Northeast Friday into the weekend, snarling road and air travel. Our latest comprehensive forecast, including potential travel impacts: https://t.co/PwDAAL2K3n pic.twitter.com/7cOIZJpD5e

— The Weather Channel (@weatherchannel) January 16, 2019

“Cold air in the wake of the storm on Thursday and Friday, combined with extensive snowcover, may cause the storm that follows to track farther south than our indicators suggest,” AccuWeather Lead Long-Range Meteorologist Paul Pastelok said.

“It’s possible the storm this weekend may not cut toward the Great Lakes as suggested by computer models but may instead take more of a west-to-east track, similar to last weekend’s storm, but a bit farther north,” Pastelok added.

Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact [email protected]

Another Major Winter Storm Is Expected Just Days After Gia is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more.

View the original full article

My wife and I love snow. Where we live in Missouri we seldom get more than and inch or so in the last six years. Recently we got four inches, and we are glad to see more. We are not wanting any deaths or accidents, but we welcome what ever snow comes our way. In the east people have learned how to deal with large amounts of snow, in Missouri people have become to comfortable with very little amounts of snow and are not as prepared for it. However my wife and I are prepared, and ready and waiting, let it snow.

• Like 1