The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
News Feeder

Are You Suffering From Toxic Masculinity? Know The Warning Signs

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• Suffering (2019-02-26)

Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution (2 Timothy 3:12). View the full article

in Devotionals

• Elisabeth Elliot: ‘Your Suffering Is Never for Nothing’

It’s only in the cross that we can begin to harmonize the seeming contradiction between suffering and love. And we will never understand suffering unless we understand the love of God. We’re talking about two different levels on which things are to be understood. And again and again in the Scriptures we have what seem to be complete paradoxes because we’re talking about two different kingdoms. We’re talking about this visible world and an invisible kingdom through which the facts of this world

in Christian Current Events

• President Trump Declares National Emergency, Signs Border Bill

By Andrew Aleksi-Lankinen - On Friday President Donald Trump announced that he is declaring a National Emergency over the border crisis. Congress was unable to find a solution in regards to the border so the President announced that he would declare a national emergency a power he has under the National Emergencies Act. However, the budget bill has tried to put limitations on what the President can do regarding the wall and immigration policy with the $1.375 billion that the bill appropria

in Political Conservative News

• Yale Students Want Girls Admitted Into Frats To Fix ‘Toxic Sexual Culture’

By Neetu Chandak - Three Yale University students sued several fraternities and the school after allegedly getting groped at the all-male groups’ parties. The women demanded that fraternities admit women to help make the environment better. Some questioned the proposed solution of making fraternities co-ed and whether the demands would hold up. Three Yale University students demanded that women be admitted into fraternities to help fix the “toxic sexual culture” after alleging they wer

in Political Conservative News

• On Suffering and the obstacles it's putting in my path

This is a completely frank post. Please bear in mind that while some of what I share might be alien to the experience of other people on the forum,but right now I am so cut off from everything - except God, who is waiting for me, but I am not coming to Him as I should and could. There seem to be so many things in my way. Recently I began a topic titled "The Doctrine of Hell and My Faith". By the way, I started that post under a different username ("Agnes A") - due to a glitch I had to change

in General Faith