The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
NetChaplain

Our Father’s Hand

It’s commonly known that nobody can avoid the problems of this life, but what is uncommon is knowing that those who are reborn can avoid allowing problems to escalate into “trouble” (Jhn 14:1, 27). If our walk is in obedience to His command here, it will manifest we are exercising our faith in that He “works everything together for good to them who love God” (Rom 8:28). Thus, there’s nothing valid within the life of the believer that could be considered trouble since all is used for our instruction in “being conformed to the image of His Son” (Rom 8:29; 2Cor 3:18); and there’s no occurring situation that can detract from maintaining joy in the Lord Jesus, unless we are often absent-minded in our gratitude as to where we always stand in Him concerning “eternal salvation” (Heb 5:9) and the present provisions therein (2Pet 1:3).

Those who “have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil” (Heb 5:14) can always know that regardless of what difficulty or discouragement God allows us to encounter, especially those self-incurred, are solely for our learning to believe that in His foreknowledge He has preplanned them to benefit our good, which are always related to “growing up into Him in all things” (Eph 4:15). To me, it’s merely a matter of being still and patiently waiting it out!

I believe the “peace” Christ has “left” to us (Jhn 14:27) well enables one to “endure hardness as a good soldier of Jesus Christ” (2Tim 2:3); and I think the above mentioned instructions are most consistently accomplished when exercising our title to continue “casting all your care upon Him” (1Pet 5:7), because you know God will always work it out.

- NC