The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship Community Forums

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Goth Explorer

Dodos versus penguins

Dodos could not fly,  Penguins cannot fly.

Birds which fly generally have two imperatives to do so: to escape danger, and to seek food.

I believe that dodos could fly once.  I believe that they flew to Mauritius in search of food.  Once there they found an abundance of food and no predators.  Thus they had no reason to fly away, and so over time they lost the use of their wings.  Then humans arrived, and the dodo was toast.

I do not believe that penguins could ever fly.  Their bodies seem so adequately designed for swimming that I believe that God created them as swimming creatures.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• After The Sanders Versus Clinton Debacle, DNC Eyeing Major Changes To 2020 Iowa Caucuses

By Joe Simonson - Democratic Party officials in Iowa are hoping to avoid another split within the party following the 2016 primary between Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders by implementing changes to the caucus system for the 2020 race. According to Tuesday report from Politico, Iowa Democrats worry record turnout, as well as a potentially all-time high number of candidates, could accentuate voters’ divisions at a time when the party is still recovering from its devastating 2016 loss. To

in Political Conservative News

• The Futile News versus the True Good News of the Bible

I've been following media for a long time and I have come to the conclusion that especially reporters with an atheistic worldview (not all) often write news having to do with the Bible, giving a false idea of the Bible as if it would condone all kinds of perversions and wrongdoings. The reporter's motive to write this type of article comes from the desire to twist things and to hit and badmouth Christians and the teachings of the Bible. By this, I don't mean to say all news is pointless, of cour

in Off Topic Discussion

• Rain Water Versus a Heavenly Sea in Genesis 1:6–8

It has become commonplace among some scholars to say that ancient Near Eastern people believed that the sky was a strong solid dome, holding up heavenly waters above it.1 In support of the theory of a heavenly sea, scholars cite texts, not only from ancient Near Eastern myths2 but from the Bible itself. Genesis 1:6–8, it is said, is one such text. I maintain that, instead of a heavenly sea, we should be thinking about rain water in clouds.3  

in Creation Ex Nihilo

• Adam Versus Claims from Genetics

by Vern Poythress | Westminster Theological Journal | 75 (2013): 65-82    

in Creation Ex Nihilo

• Intel versus AMD

is there anyone here who knows the difference between AMD processor from Intel? We are in the process of purchasing a new desktop. The first quotation I got this morning is an AMD computer with a tag price of 20k (in pesos) and the second offer is an Intel type of desktop for 28k. Since the price difference is not small, I am inclined to buy the AMD. However, I want to be sure that there are no issues because the operating system will be Windows 10 (more likely although no final on this one yet)

in Computers & Technology