Jump to content

The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
johnwayne

Can a Christian be Democrat ?

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Becky said:

Come on @Mathew Duvall  be clear tell us what you really think 

What I really think ? What I really think is that this nation that I love so much is falling in the direction  of a socialist state . Have you been viewing the news lately ? We have allowed a devoted socialist into our government that wasted no time in exploiting her sick agenda of imposing a seventy percent tax increase on the rich to "fund climate change ." Her and that filthy mouth Palestine that the liberal anti Jews  just love , are even considering a run for the White House . The problem with these two is that their support will come from mostly the uneducated that aren't aware how our government even operates . They are going to use their lies and deceptions to attract a large majority of university students of whom sixty nine percent polled would rather a socialist state than a democracy. This is only the beginning. Religiously I want to believe that God has had enough of an arrogant people who do not appreciate the freedoms He gave us and are fast headed for His Wrath and Judgment  . I want to take in consideration the warnings that reputable theologians are telling us of " End Time " prophecy that is being fulfilled right before us.

Share this post


Link to post
Staff

Completely agree .As angry as i can be at politics i try and remember this. 

Rom 13:1  Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. 

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 5:51 AM, TABA said:

 

Looks like you and I have pretty similar political outlooks, William.  I used to regard myself as Conservative but in the age of Trump I don’t even know what Conservatism or Republicans stand for anymore.  Now I think of myself as something like a Classical Liberal or Libertarian.  Some of my favorite public figures are agnostic/atheist commentators like Charles C.W. Cooke, Heather Mac Donald, Robert Tracinski, George Will.  I absolutely agree about today’s left.  Which makes me have mixed feelings when people deconvert: going from Christianity to an agenda of identity politics and social justice crusading is no improvement, in my opinion.  People tend to want to latch on to something like religion and to find a tribe. So much of the bitter divisions in America today are not about standing for a particular set of beliefs but of siding with your tribe against the enemy.  

Tap,,tap...tap,,, Excuse me sir ,but I asked you a logical question . I'll repeat it .  "What has president Trump done to you that is so repulsive ?" The man must have done something ! What is it ? Did he open the boarders , raise taxes , send the economy into a downward spin , refuse to meet with the prime minister of Israel , reduce spending for our military , Refuse to meet with the democrats to discuss the boarder issue ??????

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, Matthew Duvall said:

Let me ask you a logical question....... What has this president done that is so repulsive to you ? Because most left leaning liberals cannot answer this question because they have no idea of what they believe about this man.

I never said he did anything that is repulsive to me.  And I’m not left-leaning: I’ve been a registered Republican for 20 years. 

  • Like 1
  • ouch 1

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, TABA said:

I never said he did anything that is repulsive to me.  And I’m not left-leaning: I’ve been a registered Republican for 20 years. 

Oh,,,,,

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Staff
11 hours ago, Matthew Duvall said:

Oh,,,,,

Hate when that happens. Usually happens to me if I am too passionate and I don't separate my emotion from the subject or topic at hand. I was wondering what made you lean into Taba and how this would unfold 🤣

  • Love 1
  • Toast 1

Share this post


Link to post
Staff
12 hours ago, Matthew Duvall said:

We are forced to weigh the difference between the two parties . And that only leaves one logical choice. Republicans obviously do not believe in the obnoxious agenda of the democrats . Face it,,do you believe in a " pro choice ?"  No one in their right mind can possibly believe in "legalized murder " of an innocent child. So that is where the democrats are . So far to the left that they have been brainwashed into thinking that their party has the ultimate privilege of redefining traditional marriage for instance. And consider the fact that if we allow our freedoms to erode bit by bit , we are allowing ourselves to become a socialist nation . The same thing that drove the NAZZIs and Adolph Hitler into power . Once we allow ourselves to travel down that forbidden path, there will be no turning back. Two uncles served in WW II in Europe. They both said that after the Russians liberated  Berlin and it was reasonably secure ,the German people who survived were worshipping our troops for their courageous acts of mercy. Did our troops feel sorry for the German people ? Absolutely not ! Our fighting men had to shove them away while shouting  these words... " Get away from me you fools,,,,, you brought this Hell upon yourselves and deserve every bit of suffering it brought upon you and your nation ! " And sadly if we continue to allow devout socialist and anti Jewish Palestinians into our government we will be asking for the same thing.

Lemme be clear I think some people's minds are not yet transformed by the word of God. I also think that some people haven't yet reached the stage of living or making application in their very own lives or applying the word of God in relation to others outside themselves.

 

I have no doubt that even Judas Iscariot would be considered a "Christian" by today's use of the word Christian. I mean that Judas believed Jesus existed and Judas followed Jesus, Judas was a disciple of Jesus, and Judas might well hold a church office (treasurer). And that today is an example of how most think of a definition of a Christian in a lot of circles.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post

You know, I'd be interested to hear y'all's thoughts on this, but this is how I see it. I was raised to believe that a Christian is someone who repents of their sin and asks Jesus Christ to be their Savior who will continue to sanctify them until they are with Jesus. I was raised not on works based righteousness, but faith based. The idea was that a truly transformed Christian did not do works to achieve Salvation, but sought to obey BECAUSE they were saved. With that in mind, the logical conclusion for me there is that Christians cannot work to be "perfect" or holy in the eyes of God, but that Jesus' blood intervenes on behalf of the believer.  There is of course much dissension on this, I accept if these are not your beliefs. 

 

The way I see it, if an individual has asked Christ to be their Savior, a "platform" does not speak for them. BOTH are man made and "of the world," right? There are things on the Republican side that many Christians also find to be objectionable, so it's not a Democrat VS. a Republican, both being man made constructs. If a person is committed to Christ, and they work in politics for "Bible reasons" we can't throw the baby out with the bathwater. Becky quoted some Scripture that I think is applicable to some Republicans as well, ya know? It'd have to be about the Democrat's heart, not the platform. A Democrat, for example, may still oppose abortion and they might have decided to reserve the judgment on the LGBT community for God and choose to be like Christ by dining with sinners. Our society is trying to force us into one side or the other, when there's so much more to life than only one side versus the other. I think a Christian could look at Republicans and find immigration policy or perspective on taxes or "helping those who are needy and down trodden" to be against Scripture as well. I think there are a great deal of people who feel that conservatives are greedy in the name of faith. Though you do not count yourself of this world, you still have Christians (yes, self-labeled) who disagree with you. There must be some unity somewhere! 

 

 

All of that to say, I am personally a moderate, right-leaning libertarian who opposes abortion and a LOT of radical-left policies. I find a lot in common with conservatives and see no reason to demonize each other. I just also think it's good to be balanced and point out where both sides go wrong. The biggest thing to me is trying to speak for someone else's faith, we just don't know what their prayers to God sound like.

 

Edited by AnExChristian
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Staff
48 minutes ago, AnExChristian said:

I was raised to believe that a Christian is someone who repents of their sin and asks Jesus Christ to be their Savior who will continue to sanctify them until they are with Jesus. I was raised not on works based righteousness, but faith based. The idea was that a truly transformed Christian did not do works to achieve Salvation, but sought to obey BECAUSE they were saved. With that in mind, the logical conclusion for me there is that Christians cannot work to be "perfect" or holy in the eyes of God, but that Jesus' blood intervenes on behalf of the believer.  There is of course much dissension on this, I accept if these are not your beliefs. 

I'd love to tackle this in another thread on a different topic. If you'd like to address this subject matter please feel free to create a thread in the Soteriology and Reformation Theology category. Depending on how you present your statements or questions I'm sure might have a large impact on how and from what angle it is addressed.

 

However, lemme leave you on this note, whatever is not of God is of man and his works. Even love cannot save a person. Love is actually a requirement of the Law and if we rely on the Law for salvation then we must fulfill it perfectly. Loving God, neighbor, and even enemy perfectly. Once a person relies on their own act or works of a Law they've missed the mark and have transgressed the entire Law. In other words, it is impossible to please God by the Law. Lemme pose this as an example. Let's say that you're desperate and in need of food, clothing, and transportation. I alone reach out to you and provide them for you. Perhaps, you're even too proud and don't want to ask anyone for help. So I provide them for and to you in secret. What now should be your response? Asking that question and responding may well lead to legalism. If you say well I should say thanks then that itself stated what you "should" do. And if you rely on your thanks as the basis for me doing what I had done for you then you turned my grace into merited favor. The point being is that Grace is unmerited favor and we simply receive Grace from God. Whether you decide to live in thanksgiving or live more worthily of the gifts is something you'll have to come to terms with. But the moment you merit your behavior as the basis for the gift then you've missed the mark. God gives graciously and abundantly. And those that receive His grace are not left to themselves. They are adopted into the family of God and called His sons, among them, ranks (begotten) The Son of God, whom we are transformed into the image of rather than the First Adam. Assurance of salvation is kinda like holding an ice cream cone on a hot day. We say, we are saved and can't lose our salvation so we turn our ice cream cone upside down and the ice cream slips out. It is only our assurance we've lost but I don't want to go further than that in an analogy. Any analogy taken out too far breaks down.

 

  • Ephesians 2:8-9 “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast.”

 

Now I refer to the Greek nerds:

 

"The neuter pronoun "this" may refer to the one of three things: the "grace", the verb "saved" the noun "faith". Some think it refers to "faith" or "grace" because it is the closest in context, but a Greek grammar problem makes this not very possible. The fact that the feminine nouns "faith" or "grace" do not match the neuter pronoun "this". Pronouns in Greek should agree with the the nouns they modify. Therefore "this" cannot refer to "faith" or grace" exclusively. Some want "this" to refer back to the verb "saved" but again the antecedent would be a masculine participle. Since the word "this" is neuter we have to conclude that "this" refers back to the whole process of salvation that Paul just described. The process of being saved by grace through faith is ALL a gift from God. THIS whole package deal is not our own doing so as to eliminate human pride and boasting. Therefore grace is a gift from God, being saved is a gift from God, and faith is a gift from God. All of these parts fall under the neuter pronoun "this"."

 

The this (Ephesians 2:8-9 ESV) or that (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV) depending on translation refers back to the entire context Paul explained in Ephesians chapter 1 and 2.

 

Note in the below what man has done and what God has done:

 

Ephesians 1:3-14

 

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, 4 even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love 5 he predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, 6 to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved. 7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, 8 which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight 9 making known[c] to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ 10 as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth.

 

11 In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will, 12 so that we who were the first to hope in Christ might be to the praise of his glory. 13 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is the guarantee[d] of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it,[e] to the praise of his glory.

 

Again, if this is a subject you wish to tackle I'll leave you to post in the following category.

 

https://www.christforums.com/forum/54-soteriology-and-reformation-theology/

 

God bless,

William

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, William said:

I'd love to tackle this in another thread on a different topic. If you'd like to address this subject matter please feel free to create a thread in the Soteriology and Reformation Theology category. Depending on how you present your question I'm sure might have a large impact on how and from what angle it is addressed. However, lemme leave you on this note, whatever is not of God is of man and his works. Even love cannot save a person. Love is actually a requirement of the Law and we if we rely on the Law for salvation we must fulfill it perfectly. Loving God, neighbor, and even enemy perfectly. Once a person relies on their own act or works of a Law they've missed the mark and have transgressed the entire Law. In other words, it is impossible to please God by the Law. Lemme pose this as an example. Let's say that you're desperate and in need of food, clothing, and transportation. I alone reach out to you and provide them for you. Perhaps, you're even too proud and don't want to ask anyone for help. So I provide them to you in secret. What now should be your response? Asking that question and responding may well lead you to legalism. If you say well I should say thanks then that itself stated what you "should" do. And if you rely on your thanks as the basis for me doing what I had done for you then you turned my grace into merited favor. The point being is that Grace is unmerited favor and we simply receive Grace from God. Whether you decide to live in thanksgiving or live more worthily of the gifts you receive if up to you. But the moment you merit your behavior as the basis for the gift then you've missed the mark. God gives graciously and abundantly. And those that receive His grace are not left to themselves. They are adopted into the family of God and called His sons, among them, ranks (begotten) The Son of God, whom we are transformed into the image of rather than the First Adam. Assurance of salvation is kinda like holding an ice cream cone on a hot day. We say, we are saved and can't lose our salvation so we turn out ice cream upside down and the ice cream slips out. It is only our assurance we've lost but I don't want to go further than that in an analogy. Any analogy taken out too far breaks down.

 

  • Ephesians 2:8-9 “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast.”

 

Now I refer to the Greek nerds:

 

"The neuter pronoun "this" may refer to the one of three things: the "grace", the verb "saved" the noun "faith". Some think it refers to "faith" or "grace" because it is the closest in context, but a Greek grammar problem makes this not very possible. The fact that the feminine nouns "faith" or "grace" do not match the neuter pronoun "this". Pronouns in Greek should agree with the the nouns they modify. Therefore "this" cannot refer to "faith" or grace" exclusively. Some want "this" to refer back to the verb "saved" but again the antecedent would be a masculine participle. Since the word "this" is neuter we have to conclude that "this" refers back to the whole process of salvation that Paul just described. The process of being saved by grace through faith is ALL a gift from God. THIS whole package deal is not our own doing so as to eliminate human pride and boasting. Therefore grace is a gift from God, being saved is a gift from God, and faith is a gift from God. All of these parts fall under the neuter pronoun "this"."

 

The this (Ephesians 2:8-9 ESV) or that (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV) depending on translation refers back to the entire context Paul explained in Ephesians chapter 1 and 2.

 

Ephesians 1:3-14

 

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, 4 even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love 5 he predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, 6 to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved. 7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, 8 which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight 9 making known[c] to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ 10 as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth.

 

11 In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will, 12 so that we who were the first to hope in Christ might be to the praise of his glory. 13 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is the guarantee[d] of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it,[e] to the praise of his glory.

 

Again, if this is a subject you wish to tackle I'll leave you to post in the following category.

 

https://www.christforums.com/forum/54-soteriology-and-reformation-theology/

 

God bless,

William

I risk sounding like a jerk, which is not intended at all, but I don't know that I want to tackle that at all! You are clearly knowledgeable in this area, I was just saying only the one doing the saving/judging is the best qualified to determine salvation. You will likely not convince me of that, I'd much rather you save your poor fingers from all that typing lol.

  • Toast 1

Share this post


Link to post
Staff
8 minutes ago, AnExChristian said:

I risk sounding like a jerk, which is not intended at all, but I don't know that I want to tackle that at all! You are clearly knowledgeable in this area, I was just saying only the one doing the saving/judging is the best qualified to determine salvation. You will likely not convince me of that, I'd much rather you save your poor fingers from all that typing lol.

No problem and no pressure.

 

My point to be brief was only that Grace is abundantly given.

 

  • Matthew 5:44-45 But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
    so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

 

Even Democrats are included here :classic_ohmy: Now I'm sure some nasty people are going to suggest that they are unworthy of Grace and I'm merely pointing out that that is meriting grace before, if, that were to begin. 

 

Although there's a difference between the common grace which Matthew 5:45 demonstrates and effectual grace which is God's inward calling.

 

God bless,

William

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, William said:

No problem and no pressure.

 

My point to be brief was only that Grace is abundantly given.

 

  • Matthew 5:44-45 But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,
    so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.

 

Even Democrats are included here :classic_ohmy: Now I'm sure some nasty people are going to suggest that they are unworthy of Grace and I'm merely pointing out that that is meriting grace before, if, that were to begin. 

 

Although there's a difference between the common grace which Matthew 5:45 demonstrates and effectual grace which is God's inward calling.

 

God bless,

William

 

It kind of seems like we agree, considering it is your faith lolol! We can speculate and y'all can point to Scripture, but only God knows if a democrat can be Christian. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Staff
6 minutes ago, AnExChristian said:

 

It kind of seems like we agree, considering it is your faith lolol! We can speculate and y'all can point to Scripture, but only God knows if a democrat can be Christian. 🙂

My faith (works) may justify myself before other men, but faith in or of myself or my "act" of faith does not justify me before God.

 

I agree that only God knows the heart of man and the hearts after Him.

 

And have a blessed day @AnExChristian. I'm taking some time to enjoy a walk.

 

William

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, William said:

Hate when that happens. Usually happens to me if I am too passionate and I don't separate my emotion from the subject or topic at hand. I was wondering what made you lean into Taba and how this would unfold 🤣

Actually I share most of the blame for this . I am so angry over the ill treatment President Trump is getting from the left that I just gazed over his posting and caught the part where he stated that "When he was a conservative " and assumed that he was just another  anti conservative that was hammering the president . And I had to ask the obvious question...... "What has this president done that makes him so despised by the left ?"  Dose anyone understand that we just might be headed for a socialist government that will destroy our freedoms ? I go into a rage when some nitwit like Bernie Sanders promises  " Government jobs for everyone and free college tuitions " and not have to explain to anyone  how this irrational insanity can possibly be paid for . Then there is the gaining popularity of the avowed socialist Alexandria Cortez boldly stating that she is going to propose a seventy five percent tax increase on the rich in order to combat so called "climate change ". The fear is that more than just a few people are listening these idiots. If President Trump invited Prime Minister Netanyahu to the White House for dinner and upon his arrival left him sitting in a limousine for hours on end by the rear entrance of the White House while he went to another part of the building and had his dinner , and the left found out about it, the leftist media would have wasted no time in hurling insults at Trump . Mostly filled with lies and deceptions . But isn't it strange that Hussien Obama did exactly that and the media knew about it but gave him a free pass by not even running the story ? So that's the sign of our times . Instead of conservatives saying " Enough is enough " we are just sitting back watching a slow drain on our freedoms and democracies . Socialism is right around the corner and all we do is watch one socialist and hater of Israel and the Jewish people after another to be elected in high positions of our government with a large gathering of loyalist and before we know it the house we thought was ours now belongs to the government and that new car in the driveway , bank accounts , stock holdings and excessive taxations are sudden realities. Then who do we have to blame and what can be done about it ? We have ourselves to blame and there is nothing we can do about it .

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Staff
10 minutes ago, Matthew Duvall said:

Actually I share most of the blame for this . I am so angry over the ill treatment President Trump is getting from the left that I just gazed over his posting and caught the part where he stated that "When he was a conservative " and assumed that he was just another  anti conservative that was hammering the president . And I had to ask the obvious question...... "What has this president done that makes him so despised by the left ?"  Dose anyone understand that we just might be headed for a socialist government that will destroy our freedoms ? I go into a rage when some nitwit like Bernie Sanders promises  " Government jobs for everyone and free college tuitions " and not have to explain to anyone  how this irrational insanity can possibly be paid for . Then there is the gaining popularity of the avowed socialist Alexandria Cortez boldly stating that she is going to propose a seventy five percent tax increase on the rich in order to combat so called "climate change ". The fear is that more than just a few people are listening these idiots. If President Trump invited Prime Minister Netanyahu to the White House for dinner and upon his arrival left him sitting in a limousine for hours on end by the rear entrance of the White House while he went to another part of the building and had his dinner , and the left found out about it, the leftist media would have wasted no time in hurling insults at Trump . Mostly filled with lies and deceptions . But isn't it strange that Hussien Obama did exactly that and the media knew about it but gave him a free pass by not even running the story ? So that's the sign of our times . Instead of conservatives saying " Enough is enough " we are just sitting back watching a slow drain on our freedoms and democracies . Socialism is right around the corner and all we do is watch one socialist and hater of Israel and the Jewish people after another to be elected in high positions of our government with a large gathering of loyalist and before we know it the house we thought was ours now belongs to the government and that new car in the driveway , bank accounts , stock holdings and excessive taxations are sudden realities. Then who do we have to blame and what can be done about it ? We have ourselves to blame and there is nothing we can do about it .

In my opinion unless the higher academic institutions curriculum is altered then this is a losing battle. With education being mainly Liberal these days, a new generation of Liberals will exists tomorrow. "Cultural" Christianity has been replaced by Secularism. Wasn't it Hitler that said "He alone, who owns the youth, gains the future".

 

And likewise, the Liberals promise generous gifts from out of the United States Treasury. In essence, buying votes through a bribe rather than appealing to what is right.

 

Do you remember this? Remember when Obama mocked Jesus Christ.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, William said:

 

Do you remember this? Remember when Obama mocked Jesus Christ.

 

 

Wow, I had never seen this!  I’m assuming it’s genuine, certainly seems so.  I can see why this didn’t get TV time in 2008 or whenever it was.  It would have alienated a lot of voters, not just Republicans.  Now I’ll be honest with you, I agree with most of what he said about religion. The difference is I’m not gonna pretend to be a believer.  Comes back to what I said to you earlier today, William, about honesty and integrity: not being some kind of chameleon, changing who we are depending on the audience.  

  • Toast 1

Share this post


Link to post
Staff
3 minutes ago, TABA said:

Wow, I had never seen this!  I’m assuming it’s genuine, certainly seems so.  I can see why this didn’t get TV time in 2008 or whenever it was.  It would have alienated a lot of voters, not just Republicans.  Now I’ll be honest with you, I agree with most of what he said about religion. The difference is I’m not gonna pretend to be a believer.  Comes back to what I said to you earlier today, William, about honesty and integrity: not being some kind of chameleon, changing who we are depending on the audience.  

That's the thing that bothers me. Obama said he converted from Islam to Christianity. The Koran which I have read states that a lie is righteous if it misleads the infidel to promote Islam. Now, let's talk about "trust" issues.

 

The only Christians which I am aware that bought into Obama's speech were the theologically liberal Christians. Today, they are supporters of the Left.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/24/2019 at 5:38 PM, William said:

In my opinion unless the higher academic institutions curriculum is altered then this is a losing battle. With education being mainly Liberal these days, a new generation of Liberals will exists tomorrow. "Cultural" Christianity has been replaced by Secularism. Wasn't it Hitler that said "He alone, who owns the youth, gains the future".

 

And likewise, the Liberals promise generous gifts from out of the United States Treasury. In essence, buying votes through a bribe rather than appealing to what is right.

 

Do you remember this? Remember when Obama mocked Jesus Christ.

 

 

I not only recall the reason for the Righteous Anger, I often expressed, in not a well thought out manner, on another Christian forum, I, today, would Exercise the Bum from the CONUS and refuse him entry to any land possessed by the United States.  But now, I have mused on this discussion and it is my thought that the question posed is wrong.  Christians, say like myself, originate from the Strangest Backgrounds.

 

The question, as I see it is, "Can a Democrat be a Christian in more than name?"  And my answer would be a very broad, though not unlimited, 'No!'

 

The Modern Day or Revised New Testament and the New Covenant Christian of today gleefully declare they, along with the Holiness Movement Christians that they are Democratic Christians.

 

Please, if anyone seeks to educate me by posting links explaining the Platform, obey the Commands of My Master, to the best of my ability and failing, as all humans are prone to do, I humble myself before Him and repenting, mind, body and soul, begging and receiving Grace instead of Deserved Condemnation.  I will not closely examine their platform because the mind is just like any computer, put trash in and you can expect to, and will receive trash out of it.

 

A Follower of the Most Holy, the Only Holy YHWH that tries to be a faithful Democrat, American Style, will, suddenly. have two masters.  Our LORD teaches us, even today, this is impossible because we will obey one and hate the other or we will hate one and obey the second one.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 9:07 PM, Becky said:

https://democrats.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/2016_DNC_Platform.pdf

The link is to what democrats support the preamble alone  should be enough for a Christian to say this is not for me. 

I'm waiting for the day when both Christians and secular conservatives will take their stand and say,,,, " ENOUGH IS ENOUGH ! "  " We've had it with these lop sided democrats ! " M

Edited by Matthew Duvall
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Staff
2 hours ago, Matthew Duvall said:

I'm waiting for the day when both Christians and secular conservatives will take their stand and say,,,, " ENOUGH IS ENOUGH ! "  " We've had it with these lop sided democrats ! " M

On the subject of Christianity and Political Conservatives:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/9/2019 at 6:26 PM, johnwayne said:

Can a Christian be Democrat, in current circumstances when left is bringing Muslims and trash into the country and harming the structure of western civilization ?

No a Christian shouldn't and cannot be a Democrat. There are either Christians who are deceived or they are just fake Christians. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Topics

    • Why Aren’t Christian Leaders More Discerning?

      by John MacArthur   Pastor/Teacher John MacArthur Jr.I’ve been all over the world, as you know, and have had lots of discussions with lots of Christian leaders and I’ve read lots of things about the church and the history of the church and the theology of the church. I’ve been all over everywhere and I can just tell you this. Right now in this day, and it’s been this way for a long time through this twentieth century, THE biggest problem in the church is its inability and unwillingness to

      in General Faith

    • Confused Joel Osteen Book Unsure What It's Doing In Christian Section

      CLARKSBURG, WV—A confused copy of Joel Osteen's book The Power of I Am was unsure what it was doing in the Christian Living section of the book department at a local Walmart Supercenter, sources confirmed Wednesday. The post Confused Joel Osteen Book Unsure What It's Doing In Christian Section appeared first on The Babylon Bee. View the original full article

      in Christian Satire

    • How Should We Treat New Challenges to the Christian Faith?

      by Gary R. Habermas   It seems every year during the Easter season the popular press boldly announces new claims troubling to Christians. Stories emerge, often as if breaking news, promising exciting new evidence contrary to the Bible in the form of scholarly research, archaeological discovery, or scientific breakthrough.   In recent years believers have been challenged with questions such as: Was Jesus married to Mary Magdalene? Did Jesus father one or more children? Was Mary supposed

      in Apologetics and Theology

    • Can a Christian sing secular songs?

      I know that a Christian can listen to secular music cz jesus says what goes inside, doesn't defile you. And paul says that eating meat at the temples of unbelivers is not a sin.  So not only these verses go with food but everything.   But what if a Christian wants to sing secular music?    Not the one which goes against the law of god, for example , which has profane lyrics and promotes adultary, homosexuality , drug abuse and all that.   But the one which is g

      in Morality and Laws

    • Christian Bookstore Employee Tasked With Rotating Out Expired Prophecy Books

      MOBILE, AL—New LifeWay Christian Stores employee Aimee Bryer was tasked with rotating out last week's prophetic books and replacing them with a fresh, just-off-the-truck shipment, sources confirmed Friday. The post Christian Bookstore Employee Tasked With Rotating Out Expired Prophecy Books appeared first on The Babylon Bee. View the original full article

      in Christian Satire

×
×
  • Create New...