Jump to content

The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
C.Jord

May I introduce myself

Recommended Posts

Hello there,

 

I have been taking part on the forum for several weeks now, but today I saw the 'Welcome Mat', and realised that I had not really introduced myself.

 

The Lord brought me to a knowledge of my need of a Saviour at the age of twelve years.  I actually lived on the premises of an undenominational mission hall, and had been attending the services and taking part in the life of the assembly generally, since I was eight years old. However it was at a rally organised by the 'Youth For Christ' organisation that I came under conviction, hearing and believing the gospel of God concerning His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. During my teens I had a period of falling away, during which I married and had two daughters.  Mercifully the Lord brought me back to Himself and the process of growth began, as I read God's Word and fellowshipped with other Christians in a house-group situation.

 

When the house group disbanded as the young people went on to university and members decided to join local churches. I also joined a Congregational Church community. However, after just a few years a radical change took place and I found myself walking a lone path.  That radical change was brought about by applying the principle of 2 Timothy 2:15, and learning to rightly divide the Word of Truth. The truths of Ephesians one, and the knowledge of being made 'complete' in Christ Jesus, holy and without blame,  of being accepted in the Beloved, made meet to partake of the inheritance of the saints in light, became such precious truth, as I came to realise just what being a member of the Church which is His Body, the fulness of Him that filleth all in all meant. This is where I remain.

 

The Lord has brought fellowship my way, mostly in one's and two's, and opportunities for witness, and mutual edification, but I have not been led to join another Christian fellowship community.

 

I hope that there will be opportunity here, on the forum, to share the Word of God, and interact with other believers, in a loving environment.

In Christ Jesus

our risen and glorified

Saviour, Lord and Head.

Chris  

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Staff

Welcome Chris!

 

welcome dr evil GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Staff

Hello and welcome Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, C.Jord said:

Hello there,

 

I have been taking part on the forum for several weeks now, but today I saw the 'Welcome Mat', and realised that I had not really introduced myself.

 

The Lord brought me to a knowledge of my need of a Saviour at the age of twelve years.  I actually lived on the premises of an undenominational mission hall, and had been attending the services and taking part in the life of the assembly generally, since I was eight years old. However it was at a rally organised by the 'Youth For Christ' organisation that I came under conviction, hearing and believing the gospel of God concerning His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. During my teens I had a period of falling away, during which I married and had two daughters.  Mercifully the Lord brought me back to Himself and the process of growth began, as I read God's Word and fellowshipped with other Christians in a house-group situation.

 

When the house group disbanded as the young people went on to university and members decided to join local churches. I also joined a Congregational Church community. However, after just a few years a radical change took place and I found myself walking a lone path.  That radical change was brought about by applying the principle of 2 Timothy 2:15, and learning to rightly divide the Word of Truth. The truths of Ephesians one, and the knowledge of being made 'complete' in Christ Jesus, holy and without blame,  of being accepted in the Beloved, made meet to partake of the inheritance of the saints in light, became such precious truth, as I came to realise just what being a member of the Church which is His Body, the fulness of Him that filleth all in all meant. This is where I remain.

 

The Lord has brought fellowship my way, mostly in one's and two's, and opportunities for witness, and mutual edification, but I have not been led to join another Christian fellowship community.

 

I hope that there will be opportunity here, on the forum, to share the Word of God, and interact with other believers, in a loving environment.

In Christ Jesus

our risen and glorified

Saviour, Lord and Head.

Chris  

 

 

 

 

 

 

I have a personal question, and if you want not to answer it I understand. Did you and your wife stay married, was reconciliation possible?

 

Youth For Christ was a very important part of my teens as wel. My wife and I attended many events at the same time but never even knew each other back then.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello there, Mike,

 

Forgive me, the name 'Chris' gives no indication of gender, for it can be a shortened form of Christopher or Christine.  In my case it is Christine.  My husband and I have remained together, He portrays all the grace and love of God to me in His kindness towards me, I am very blessed. The Lord has been gracious. He is a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ, 

 

Praise His Holy Name!

 

Thank you.

In Christ Jesus

Chris

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Staff

Nice to have another female around here  :classic_smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2019 at 10:15 PM, William said:

Welcome Chris!

 

welcome dr evil GIF

Greeting to all 🙂 I certainly share a similar story with sister Chris with regard to fellowshiping (more on this on the About me tab of my profile) and am glad to know it is not uncommon in this faith. But my comment here seeks to lean more on the GIF brother hereon quoted. I met him and perhaps idolized him during my Christless days. He appeared as Austin Powers (if not once) on some rather sad movies. I now for holiness sake neither watch TV nor movies but if I for some reasons felt justified to watch some movies (yes I have yet to gather courage to explore Christian based movies), I am convinced this brother's movies would certainly not be amongst them 😞 With this I hope you could imagine my sudden doubts just when I thought I finally found a worthy Christian community. Yes I for Christ sake (and not mine) am willing to go through replies on this open heartedly in case i am the one who is missing the facts. 🙂

Edited by Kervin
typed meet for met

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Staff

Welcome Kervin. 

The last movie i watched was War Room. It left an impression on me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Staff
1 hour ago, Kervin said:

Greeting to all 🙂 I certainly share a similar story with sister Chris with regard to fellowshiping (more on this on the About me tab of my profile) and am glad to know it is not uncommon in this faith. But my comment here seeks to lean more on the GIF brother hereon quoted. I met him and perhaps idolized him during my Christless days. He appeared as Austin Powers (if not once) on some rather sad movies. I now for holiness sake neither watch TV nor movies but if I for some reasons felt justified to watch some movies (yes I have yet to gather courage to explore Christian based movies), I am convinced this brother's movies would certainly not be amongst them 😞 With this I hope you could imagine my sudden doubts just when I thought I finally found a worthy Christian community. Yes I for Christ sake (and not mine) am willing to go through replies on this open heartedly in case i am the one who is missing the facts. 🙂

We're using Gimpy animated memes in our editor. PG and below rated memes are available through its search. Typing in "Welcome" resulted in that particular meme being the first option.

 

As far as finding a "Worthy Christian Community" there is one on the web that goes by that name. If you type in "Worthy Christian Community" as a search query it is the first option in Google search.

 

Whether Gimpy memes or Christian sites, hope you find who or what you're searching for.

 

God bless,

William

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, William said:

We're using Gimpy animated memes in our editor. PG and below rated memes are available through its search. Typing in "Welcome" resulted in that particular meme being the first option.

 

As far as finding a "Worthy Christian Community" there is one on the web that goes by that name. If you type in "Worthy Christian Community" as a search query it is the first option in Google search.

 

Whether Gimpy memes or Christian sites, hope you find who or what you're searching for.

 

God bless,

William

Thought I might also get a chance to raise my concern regarding images like the one on your "SWITCHFOOT - You Found Me - Unbroken: Path To Redemption (Official Music Video)" being petentially offensive to our sisters but I am already made to feel lost. Its OK I shall quetly leave and indeed continue my search for a worthy community (no not of a mere forum or site name). And yes there is no need to reply as I shall have no courage to come back to check for more replies.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Staff
13 minutes ago, Kervin said:

Thought I might also get a chance to raise my concern regarding images like the one on your "SWITCHFOOT - You Found Me - Unbroken: Path To Redemption (Official Music Video)" being petentially offensive to our sisters but I am already made to feel lost. Its OK I shall quetly leave and indeed continue my search for a worthy community (no not of a mere forum or site name). And yes there is no need to reply as I shall have no courage to come back to check for more replies.

 

No problem. Wish you the best and hope you find who or what you're looking for.

 

God bless,

William

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Staff
52 minutes ago, Kervin said:

Thought I might also get a chance to raise my concern regarding images like the one on your "SWITCHFOOT - You Found Me - Unbroken: Path To Redemption (Official Music Video)" being petentially offensive to our sisters but I am already made to feel lost. Its OK I shall quetly leave and indeed continue my search for a worthy community (no not of a mere forum or site name). And yes there is no need to reply as I shall have no courage to come back to check for more replies.

 

Worthy of what?  We are all sinners saved by Grace. Who among us is worthy? We have no righteousness of our selves . We re clothed in Him and Him alone. 

  • Like 1
  • Best Answer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Staff
33 minutes ago, Becky said:

Worthy of what?  We are all sinners saved by Grace. Who among us is worthy? We have no righteousness of our selves . We re clothed in Him and Him alone. 

Maybe not of what but who? Sometimes I wonder if people are searching for someone made in their image.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...