The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Just Mike

President Trump wall

Have you come to any opinion on the wall? I have and I am totally convinced we must have the wall for our borders. But we hear a lot on our southern border, I have been told the border between us and Canada has problems as well. Any thoughts?

Concerning the border with Canada, I reckon the problems with our southern border are just so much worse.

I just watched the following video this morning. Quite revealing I would say.

https://michaelsavage.com/video-students-hate-trumps-immigration-border-wall-quotes-dont-realize-theyre-from-dems/

• Best Answer 1

9 minutes ago, Faber said:

Concerning the border with Canada, I reckon the problems with our southern border are just so much worse.

1000 times worse.

they are pumping drugs into our veins.

bad people.

Just build the massive wall first, then drones come later on.

• Best Answer 1

Staff
1 hour ago, johnwayne said:

I believe Obama implemented a scamp "technological wall" which included drones during his years (probably to placate his critics). As we know that method was not successful. Doesn't matter if we are alerted to a presence if nobody is willing to stop them. Just look at how an entire caravan marched across Mexico. Not to mention the Democrat resistance severs any cooperation with ICE etc.

I wrote in another thread that Trump during his address referred to Homeland Security and the assessment of actual people in the field that are requesting support. Schumer and Pelosi said they are not against border security only that they don't believe that what is requested is the best way to resolve the issue. Reminds of me of Benghazi. Ambassador Stevens requested additional security and what that would entail (barriers etc) and he was denied. Referring back to a statement by Trump how many Americans must die?

• Like 2

Canada has more of the people coming into to do massive harm, not so much drugs. Try going into Canada and see that I believe they are more efficient in checking out people and vehicles imo.

Staff
11 minutes ago, theophilus said:

Even if the wall is necessary I believe that shutting down the government may so more harm than lack of a wall would.  

How ? 

Yes, the wall is necessary. Yes, the government shutdown is harming people. Yes, the Democrats knew for A YEAR that this was going to happen. I guess they thought Trump was bluffing. But he said a long time ago he would not sign another CR without border wall funding. And what did Congress do in the meantime? Nothing. Nothing at all. 

All of the Democrats who have been in DC for a while have voted for wall funding before. All of them. Yet now, somehow, it is immoral. It is only because of their attitude towards Trump. They hate him.  

$5 billion dollars is pocket change in Washington so this isn't about the money like they try and claim.

• Like 1

Staff
13 minutes ago, davidtaylorjr said:

$5 billion dollars is pocket change in Washington so this isn't about the money like they try and claim. 

Nancy stated after the meeting was ended yesterday that Trump thinks he can ask his father for money anytime.

Kills me how Democrats play the responsible role with regard to financing. 21+ Trillion in debt. How many billions were given to Iran and even recently to Central America. How much do we give to Mexico? That's apparently well spent money supporting their military and government (sarcasm). Obviously, Mexicans don't feel compelled to use them to protect the hand that supports them.

21+ Trillion in debt it is beyond me why we even have "luxury" or non essential agencies. Shouldn't we be downsizing or spending money more frugally? Or do the Dems think they can "tax the hell out of The People", like Nancy stated if they won congress?

• Like 2

Yes, build the wall. Illegal immigration probably would not affect where I live .But that doesn't say that the illegals cannot expand their limits to other parts of our nation. Weather looking for work or housing it would only be a matter of time until new ghettos grow where once moderate safe cities used to be .

Walls work, they have for centuries.

• Like 2
  • Best Answer 1

It's just about the funding now.

They're already builing it.

I wonder though, if you make it out of steel poles in a row with spaces between them, you can still drop  drugs and guns through it to the other side.

It wil stop child sex trafficking, which is my main concern.

• Like 3

On 1/9/2019 at 1:29 PM, johnwayne said:

1000 times worse.

they are pumping drugs into our veins.

bad people.

We need both,and funding for the wall comes first and above the Senators and Representatives pay. These are the ones who should not being paid. Chuckey and Nancy are wicked, they would rather see this go on and on rather that do what is right for the protection of our country.

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 6:51 PM, Hieronymus said:

It's just about the funding now.

They're already builing it.

I wonder though, if you make it out of steel poles in a row with spaces between them, you can still drop  drugs and guns through it to the other side.

It wil stop child sex trafficking, which is my main concern.

All of these model walls seem to be impregnable . There are five of them that all have the same good qualities in mind , Height and depth of the walls themselves . Looking at them one would have to wonder how a ladder or a rope could possibly scale one of them. One in particular had no exposed steel bars that would act as a place to pass narcotics through  . But they all were very high. Trump has the blessings of the American people on his side since so many are in favor of a wall. I say,,," Build the Wall !! "

Staff

If the liberals  dont like it let them march around it  til it falls 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Becky said:

If the liberals  dont like it let them march around it  til it falls 

That's from the Bible, they wouldn't get the reference....

• Like 1