The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
News Feeder

Chuck and Nancy botched the response to Trump’s address – and social media let them know it

By R. Mitchell -

Nancy-and-Chuck-response-to-presidential

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer were given national air time equal to respond to President Trump’s address to the nation on border security – and… they blew it.

Chuck and Nancy made an interesting choice for decor for their appearance – a single podium for the two Democrats to share – sorta.

Schumer: "Hey Nancy, I got us six flags for our speech!"
Pelosi: “Great! And how many podiums?"
Schumer: "…" pic.twitter.com/GMCT8ojqrh

— Stephen Colbert (@StephenAtHome) January 9, 2019

Fans of the two politicians chimed in on just how they presented themselves.

Yikes. I like Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi but they gotta work on the whole “not looking like villains from the next bond movie” thing next time. pic.twitter.com/Uen5rgZLH9

— DAN LUKE (@DanLuke) January 9, 2019

Several who watched found the pair’s unsettlingly like getting “a talk” from their parents.

I suddenly feel like I've disappointed my parents. pic.twitter.com/uUn870tQEG

— Aᴀʀᴏɴ Pʀᴜɴᴇʀ (@AaronFlux) January 9, 2019

we’re not mad, we’re just disappointed

your father and i are going to take turns talking to you now pic.twitter.com/vpeHCZh6Ou

— Adam Weinstein (@AdamWeinstein) January 9, 2019

"Of COURSE your father's upset about the car, but the important thing is you're safe and nobody got hurt." pic.twitter.com/KKkd67FZTv

— #occupymarwen (@Mobute) January 9, 2019

When all else fails, bring out the tv/movie memes:

pic.twitter.com/42rRCd6jig

— BRANDit (@branditco) January 9, 2019

pic.twitter.com/hVPERRmv6R

— Proud Deplorable Nationalist ❤🇺🇸❤🇺🇸 (@GeminigalMolly) January 9, 2019

pic.twitter.com/N5BNwYxnis

❌Jonella Moore❌ (@jonella_moore) January 9, 2019

Chuck and Nancy botched the response to Trump’s address – and social media let them know it is original content from Conservative Daily News - Where Americans go for news, current events and commentary they can trust - Conservative News Website for U.S. News, Political Cartoons and more.

View the original full article