The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
News Feeder

‘All the Glory’ Goes to Christ, Says Clemson Coach Dabo Swinney after National Title

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• Christ Died for Us(2019-03-14)

God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners; Christ died for us (Romans 5:8). View the full article

in Devotionals

• A Clinton-authorized National Monument Has Killed at Least 50 People

By Tim Pearce - Dozens of people died after getting lost in Utah’s Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument because federal regulations prohibited officials from putting directional signs in place, a Utah county commissioner said. Leland Pollock, the commission chair for Garfield County in Utah, testified in front of Congress Wednesday in favor of President Donald Trump’s decision to roll back the designation of GRENM. The monument, established in 1996 by former President Bill Clinton, h

in Political Conservative News

• Arlington National Cemetery ‘Running Out of Room’

By Claudette Roulo - Work is expected to begin next year on a long-planned expansion of Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia, the cemetery’s executive director told Congress. The cemetery now occupies about 625 acres of land near the nation’s capital and is the final resting place of more than 400,000 service members and their family members. But, after more than 150 years of service, the cemetery is running out of room. “The expansion will add 37 acres of burial space and extend the

• Is Christ's Resurrection part of what saves us?

I read the following recently in the commentary (Tom Constable) in the Net bible which I regard highly.  Before reading this I would have said one must believe in the "death and resurrection of Christ" to be saved (1 Cor. 15:4).  Now I am not so sure.  (Aside:  I believe in both , just splitting hairs I suppose)         "Though the resurrection is part of the gospel message, it is not part of the saving work of Christ on the cross. The resurrection is stated as proof of the efficacy of

in Systematic Theology

• California Governor Declares There’s No ‘National Emergency’ In Border Town With A Wall

By Jason Hopkins - Democratic California Gov. Gavin Newsom, a major critic of President Donald Trump’s immigration policies, visited a border town with a wall and declared there was no “national emergency.” WATCH: “[We are trying] to highlight a different story as it relates to what’s going on here between Mexico and the United States, and the economic vibrancy that is demonstrable here at the border,” Newsom said Thursday as he visited San Ysidro, a district in San Diego, California. “