The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
News Feeder

This Is Us Star Chrissy Metz Refuses to Apologize for Her Faith

Actress Chrissy Metz has inspired many, both through her role on the popular TV show ‘This Is Us and with her own real-life overcomer story. And now, playing a lead role in the faith-based film ‘Breakthrough,’ has brought attention to Chrissy Metz’s faith, something for which she refuses to apologize!

View the full article

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• Thoughts on the Reformed Faith?

Hello everyone! Firstly, I would like to start out by saying that I am glad to be here! I really hope that I can have some civil, thoughtful, Scripture-filled discussion with people from all different denominations!    So, I am posting this topic to get a general idea of what you think of the Reformed faith. I am currently a member of another site like this one, where I was not very well accepted, to the point that I was told by another site member I needed to "just take my Calvinism a

in General Faith

• ‘Desperate Housewives’ Star Used SAT Cheating Scheme To Improve Her Child’s Score

By Neetu Chandak - Several people, including two TV stars, were charged for their alleged involvement in a nationwide college entrance bribery scheme Tuesday. “Desperate Housewives” actress Felicity Huffman was part of the test cheating scheme to help her oldest daughter improve her SAT scores, according to a court document filed Monday. Huffman made a “purported charitable contribution of $15,000 … to participate in the college entrance exam cheating scheme,” according to the document. T

in Political Conservative News

• Elizabeth Warren Leaves Brutal 1-Star Review For Ancestry.com

U.S.—Senator and presidential candidate Elizabeth Warren left a brutal 1-star review for Ancestry.com on a popular consumer review site, sources confirmed Tuesday. The post Elizabeth Warren Leaves Brutal 1-Star Review For Ancestry.com appeared first on The Babylon Bee. View the original full article

in Christian Satire

• Disneyland Unveils New Star Wars Ride That Builds Up Really High Expectations And Then Lets You Down Halfway Through

ANAHEIM, CA—A newly unveiled ride at Disney's upcoming Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge resort areas will set up really high expectations for guests, only to let them down halfway through the ride, sources confirmed. The post Disneyland Unveils New Star Wars Ride That Builds Up Really High Expectations And Then Lets You Down Halfway Through appeared first on The Babylon Bee. View the original full article

in Christian Satire

• The Rest of Faith

As it is seen from this writer’s article, our death with Christ was not physical like His, but our “death with Christ” (Rom 6:8; 2Tim 2:11) is a reality applied (imputed) in the believer upon the reception of faith in Him. This article points out the importance of understanding that what those reborn do has no affect toward the production of this reality, because it is fully completed in the soul and is progressively manifested in the lives of believers as they are, not conforming, but “being co

in General Faith