The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Goth Explorer

My rather grisly take on the death of JonBenet.

Posted (edited)

JonBenet Ramsay died at the age of six during the night following Christmas Day 1996.  Her body was found in the basement of her family home in Boulder the following day.  A lengthy ransom note was found in the house a few hours earlier.

Suspicion soon fell on her family, partly because of their untypical behaviour, and partly because of a lack of evidence for any break-in to the house.  It has been suggested that either a parent or her 9yo brother killed her - probably not intentionally - and that her murder was then staged as a cover-up.

The problems with this include the lack of evidence for any family member killing her, and the fact that in 2003 the DNA of an unknown male was found on the clothes worn by JonBenet at the murder scene.  Also, the ransom note - although written on paper owned by JonBenet's mother with one of her pens - was not identified with the handwriting of any family member.  Nor were any fingerprints found on it.

The Boulder police are still working on the intruder theory, but there are problems with that as well.  The supposed entry window had undisturbed cobwebs, and it is hard to see how an intruder would waste time writing a lengthy ransom note before vanishing without trace.

Having considered the evidence, I have reached the rather scary conclusion that JonBenet was sodomised and then murdered by a man who was allowed into the house by a member of the family - quite possibly with the intention of letting him abuse her.  It seems to tick almost every box.

The only box it perhaps does not tick is that a neighbour heard a child scream at around 5am (I think), followed by a sound consistent with someone leaving a house but not by the front door.

JonBenet's father and brother are both still alive, and can now sue me for libel.

Edited by Goth Explorer

Staff

Botched  investigation, messed up evidence .  The police should have searched  the  house in the first place. 

One thing that puzzles me is how Mr Ramsey managed to obtain the ransom money by 8am on Boxing Day.  In my country, the banks do not open on Boxing Day, and neither are they ever open before 8am.