The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Support

Church Planting in a Politically Divided Age

politically-divided-age-tgc-300x128.jpg

We live in a divided age. Partisan politics has gripped many nations—including the United States—and, sadly, many of our churches. Modern-day American Christians are becoming increasingly split along party lines.

And in a split-party system, it can be difficult to make biblically informed decisions about how to vote. Even more challenging is the call to love those who vote differently than we do. How does the church remain united even when—especially when—we disagree over decisions regarding the ballot?

While the current political landscape is certainly complex, we must not despair. There is hope for the church in a politically divided age. If the gospel is powerful enough to unite Jew and Gentile, it’s powerful enough to do the same for Republican and Democrat.

So how do we plant and lead churches in a politically charged age? Today, I’m delighted to welcome Bill Riedel to the podcast to talk about this issue.

You can listen to this podcast episode here.

PlPcYkx_XIo

View the full article