The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Knotical

Faraday Future is safe...for now

I have been following this developing story for a little while.  Especially, since they were working toward opening a plant near the town in which I was living, which would help the local economy.  This latest news is good, but should be taken with a grain of salt.

ELECTREK.CO

Faraday Future, once seen as the main EV startup, had a tough 2018, but it announced that it closed out the year by settling its dispute with its main investor. Though it doesn’t mean that it…

Staff

I take that Faraday is an electric auto company? Skimmed the article but other than the picture it hadn't said?

On the topic of car companies I've been following GM and Ford as the recent announcement by GM to lay off tens of thousands of people came as no surprise. Over a year ago GM announced they would reduce their entire car lineup to only two cars. I am amazed at how most publications are not saying exactly why. It has turned into GM being anti-American and refusing to do business here in America. They have very good reason, in my opinion for not doing business here. A year or so ago the Big Three began working together and using a universal transmission which would help them meet the EPA gas mileage requirements. The 10+ speed transmission is too costly for individual manufacturers to produce themselves. Other EPA standards are soon to take effect and there's no way the auto manufacturers are able to meet EPA requirements and turn a profit. Therefore, GM has like Ford announced to cut down the cars produced. I suspect the reason why GM will continue to make only the Camaro is to hold a place in NASCAR. Otherwise, their manufacturing will be focused on SUVs and Trucks, which by the way are not held to the same EPA standards. The current EPA standards many of which came into existence under Obama are forcing affordable gas cars off the showrooms and out of manufacturing.