The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
TonyT

Grateful to God that I am still young

Since it is early in this New Year, I just wanted to share that I am grateful to God that I still look young and I am still young being born in May 14th, 1996 (I will be 23 later this year). I believe other people have thought I looked younger than I chronologically am and its true. One time at Hometown Buffet my dad and me met a fellow believer and I think I was talking to her about something and I said about How old do you think I am and she thought I was about 17 or 18 and then I told her I was 20 and she said something like that is must be because of God which is indeed true and I am really grateful to Him for it. I am also grateful to God for everything else in my life. 

Having a healthy lifestyle can have such a benefit. Other people just naturally look younger than they are.

I am grateful to God that I am in my late 40's. I welcome getting older if the Lord decides in His will to keep me here.. I so look forward to going home (heaven) to be with God, the angels and fellow believers.

• Like 1

Staff

Sheesh i am a grandma.. you guys are babies :classic_wink:

• Like 1

I'm so glad I'm not;

What an insecure, rowdy, proud, belligerent, drug and alcohol fueled, ignorant, waste of time.

Have you heard the question asked:

Did you ever stop to consider that your only purpose in life is merely to serve as a warning to others?

That was me.

The fact that you are here instead of out there, speaks volumes. Your giving God the glory for your youth is pretty cool too.

In Christ

On 1/1/2019 at 4:16 AM, TonyT said:

Since it is early in this New Year, I just wanted to share that I am grateful to God that I still look young and I am still young being born in May 14th, 1996 (I will be 23 later this year). I believe other people have thought I looked younger than I chronologically am and its true. One time at Hometown Buffet my dad and me met a fellow believer and I think I was talking to her about something and I said about How old do you think I am and she thought I was about 17 or 18 and then I told her I was 20 and she said something like that is must be because of God which is indeed true and I am really grateful to Him for it. I am also grateful to God for everything else in my life. 

Aging doesn't bother me that much . What does bother me is eventually being very very old and becoming incapable of proper motivation and the ability to live an independent life without being a bother to others . I see many elderly people that have difficulty performing the slightest task without asserting extra strength on a body that has seen better days. 

Staff

yup i am a great grandma ! 🙂

My wife is one of those, also, Becky.  My granddaughter lives on an island off the coast and she and that rascal that stole my baby girl are due the second one around Christmas,,, both boys and both will be beach bums.  LOL!

emmett193.jpg

Staff

Faces like that make your heart smile... 

3 minutes ago, Becky said:

Faces like that make your heat smile... 

NO!  Already I have a photo his mom was taking when a little blond ruined it by running up qand kissing him.  His dad will have his hands full... and Ash is delivering him another girl killer?

5 hours ago, Matthew A.Duvall said:

Aging doesn't bother me that much . What does bother me is eventually being very very old and becoming incapable of proper motivation and the ability to live an independent life without being a bother to others . I see many elderly people that have difficulty performing the slightest task without asserting extra strength on a body that has seen better days. 

Yeah, he can take me out before that. Sometimes I contemplate that perhaps That might just be part of the the burning off the dross in my life though.

Learning patience, temperance, mercy, you knew all the good stuff. I hope not.

I know He is listening right now. Father teach me those lessons the easy way, in english please. Thank you.

• Like 1

Staff

Psa 127:3  Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. 

11 minutes ago, th1bill said:

My wife is one of those, also, Becky.  My granddaughter lives on an island off the coast and she and that rascal that stole my baby girl are due the second one around Christmas,,, both boys and both will be beach bums.  LOL!

emmett193.jpg

What a beautiful child. Wish I had a couple of my own about that age.

Staff
4 minutes ago, th1bill said:

NO!  Already I have a photo his mom was taking when a little blond ruined it by running up qand kissing him.  His dad will have his hands full... and Ash is delivering him another girl killer?

Just now, Becky said:

Psa 127:3  Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, islandrazor said:

Yeah, he can take me out before that. Sometimes I contemplate that perhaps That might just be part of the the burning off the dross in my life though.

Learning patience, temperance, mercy, you knew all the good stuff. I hope not.

I know He is listening right now. Father teach me those lessons the easy way, in english please. Thank you.

I have a lot of respect for the elderly citizens who have gone through many unplanned  difficulties in life . Raising families , the Second World War and the Great Depression for instance . Because of their age and the obvious health problems that develop with aging their lives have experienced a drastic change . I see so many of them struggling  behind a shopping cart or undergoing  the difficulty of the things we take for granted . I ask the Lord to keep me healthy and prepare me for the years ahead . Mostly because of  the uncertainty of them because I see so many unanswered questions we may be confronted with in the near future as this nation seems to be undergoing so much change for the worst . 

15 hours ago, islandrazor said:

What a beautiful child. Wish I had a couple of my own about that age.

They are incredibly fun and I pay some youngster in your linage cooperates.

On 8/14/2019 at 3:51 PM, Becky said:

yup i am a great grandma ! 🙂

Becky ,does that mean that you lived during the Second World War ? I myself was born right in the middle of it. So I guess you could say that I too could have been a great granddad .

Matthew, I was born a few months before Victory in Europe.  If you have offspring you need to encourage their second generation not to listenn to these millenial knot-heads we raised but to learn how to play with their own possible offspring, they are a breath of fresh air, giving reason to everything.

• Like 2

Staff
On 8/16/2019 at 9:05 PM, Matthew A.Duvall said:

Becky ,does that mean that you lived during the Second World War ? I myself was born right in the middle of it. So I guess you could say that I too could have been a great granddad .

I am almost 73 from the days of real rock and roll

• Haha 1

Staff

I thought you would like that @th1bill  Hows the family? and buddy how are you doing? 

7 hours ago, th1bill said:

Matthew, I was born a few months before Victory in Europe.  If you have offspring you need to encourage their second generation not to listenn to these millenial knot-heads we raised but to learn how to play with their own possible offspring, they are a breath of fresh air, giving reason to everything.

@th1bill You're right bill. But I don't know what to actually believe about these millennial knot-heads. It worries me that they can believe the lies and deceptions of the democrats . But what really is bothersome is that we cannot really know the actual number of them or the difference they can make in an election as important as the one that determines who will be our next president . I try not to believe that I am living in a time when we are threatened by the ignorance of having an Elizabeth Warren or a Bernie Sanders as president. I mean, what do you do with these numbskulls that actually promise that everything will be free including paying off everyone's student loan and giving the working classes a split second to decide if they want to keep their private health insurance or go with a government healthcare that will be paid for on the backs of the middle class !  And what is never mentioned by these people is what will be left of the Veterans Healthcare System by the time they shove their phoney government healthcare down the throats of the average citizens. I am a vet and depend exclusively on my healthcare through the VA. Will it even still exist if one of these dummies get to be president ?    M

Staff

Lady Gaga, Modana, etc. can not hold a candle to Connie Francis . Cher can  sing but she became a naked pig, Connie kept her clothes on.

Buddy Holly, Elvis, Ray Charles ,  . for spice Little Richard