The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
News Feeder

Lauren Daigle Worships God on Good Morning America

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• Help with the concept of "feared God"

Hello everyone, I was doing some reading of the scriptures in Exodus 1:15-21. The saying "feared God" came up and it really got my attention. It should be a simple concept to understand, but I really feel like I need help understanding it. I know proverbs 1:7a states "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge," yeah I feel very dense to really grasp what that fear means or looks like.  I seen there are some really smart people here. Like to ask for any help on the subject plea

in General Faith

• This Man Was the Son of God (2019-03-26)

And when the centurion, which stood over against him, saw that he so cried out, and gave up the ghost, he said, Truly this man was the Son of God (Mark 15:39). View the full article

in Devotionals

• Do unto God and God does unto you

1. If you honor God, He will honor you (1 Samuel 2:30). 2. If you are with the Lord, He is with you (2 Chronicles 15:2). 3. If you forsake Him, then He will forsake you (2 Chronicles 12:5; 15:2). 4. If you love wisdom, then wisdom will love you (Proverbs 8:17). 5. If you return to the Lord, He will return to you (Zechariah 1:3; Malachi 3:7). 6. If you confess or deny Christ, He will confess or deny you (Matthew 10:32-33; cf. Luke 12:8; 2 Timothy 2:12). 7. If you lov

in General Faith

• Dementia and Religion: ‘What If I Forget about God?’

When geropsychologist Benjamin Mast evaluates dementia clients at his University of Louisville research lab, there’s a question some people of faith ask him: “What if I forget about God?” View the full article

in Christian Current Events

• Amid Ilhan Omar Controversy, America Quietly Lists Minnesota On Ebay

U.S.—In the midst of a controversy over Ilhan Omar's inflammatory comments regarding Israel, her subsequent non-apologetic apologies, and her immediate return to saying anti-Semitic things, the United States of America has quietly listed the state of Minnesota for auction on eBay. The post Amid Ilhan Omar Controversy, America Quietly Lists Minnesota On Ebay appeared first on The Babylon Bee. View the original full article

in Christian Satire