The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
News Feeder

Quit Wishing “Merry Christmas” to Fight Bigotry, Columnist Challenges

Approaching a stranger with a warm greeting of “Merry Christmas” is a declaration of ignorance, and replacing it with “Happy Holidays” would do wonders in aiding the battle against prejudice, explains an opinion writer published in The Star this week.

View the full article

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• How Should We Treat New Challenges to the Christian Faith?

by Gary R. Habermas   It seems every year during the Easter season the popular press boldly announces new claims troubling to Christians. Stories emerge, often as if breaking news, promising exciting new evidence contrary to the Bible in the form of scholarly research, archaeological discovery, or scientific breakthrough.   In recent years believers have been challenged with questions such as: Was Jesus married to Mary Magdalene? Did Jesus father one or more children? Was Mary supposed

in Apologetics and Theology

• How to Fight Anger in Motherhood

My twin sons scooted close to one another at the breakfast table as I poured milk over their cereal. Bouncing off of each other, they bumped arms and laughed. My toddler banged her hands on the table, screaming for her sippy cup, while my older son demanded I locate his drawing from yesterday. One of my twins erupted, “Hey! Stop touching me! Stop sitting close to me! Mooomm!” My anger boiled over into a yell before we’d even finished the first bites of breakfast: “Guys, knock it off!” Guilt set

in Christian Current Events

• Frederick Douglass and His Fight for Freedom

Frederick Douglass placed a premium on education because he believed that reading gave freedom to enslaved men and women. A people who could read, he argued, were unfit to be slaves. David Blight, professor of American history at Yale, has provided an opportunity to read quite a bit about the 19th-century abolitionist and social reformer in his massive biography, Frederick Douglass: Prophet of Freedom. New materials uncovered by historians and librarians make a new biography of Douglass not onl

• Christians Such as Mike Pence Are ‘Bigots’ If They Oppose Homosexuality, Columnist Says

Vice President Mike Pence and other Christians who believe homosexuality is sinful are bigots tantamount to those who opposed civil rights and supported slavery, according to a well-known Washington Post columnist. View the full article

• Hug the Parade: Ministry Challenges (and Opportunities) in Transient Places

Planting a church is hard work in any context. Planting in transient places, though, can make it feel like permanence and sustainability are nothing more than the stuff of myths and legends. Most large cities naturally lend themselves to a pulsing beat of people coming and going—whether due to a high concentration of university students, military personnel, government workers, or financial power. My home—Washington, D.C.—is a tale of two cities—long-term residents combined with the ongoing swir