Jump to content

The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
kunoichi9280

Favorite study Bible?

Recommended Posts

Whenever I see your name I feel like saying "konnichi wa"[*1] so there, I just did.

 

 

 To begin with I am not a Pentecostal, but many years ago (1993?) I did have what I thought was a Pentecostal Study Bible. The pages were very white and strong. 

 

 The Weston Study Bible (King James Version)

 

 I am not sure though if it there are other versions, but I do know it is in the KJV.

 

 

 

 

 

 

[*1] "Good Afternoon" - a way of saying "Hello" at that time in Japanese.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Staff
12 hours ago, kunoichi9280 said:

I am wondering what other Pentecostals recommend for a study Bible.  Thanks!

Any Bible that has other then just scriptures , foot notes , chains , what ever . is designed to lead to in the direction of the author. The plain ol Bible is designed to do the same. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Faber said:

Whenever I see your name I feel like saying "konnichi wa"[*1] so there, I just did.

 

 

 To begin with I am not a Pentecostal, but many years ago (1993?) I did have what I thought was a Pentecostal Study Bible. The pages were very white and strong. 

 

 The Weston Study Bible (King James Version)

 

 I am not sure though if it there are other versions, but I do know it is in the KJV.

 

 

 

 

 

 

[*1] "Good Afternoon" - a way of saying "Hello" at that time in Japanese.

 

Good....well, morning now.  Merry Christmas! (I wonder what that is in Japanese).  Thank you for the recommendation, I'll check it out.  I know there's the Spirit Filled Life Bible, has anyone used that?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Staff
54 minutes ago, kunoichi9280 said:

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas kunoichi!

 

God bless,

William

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 2:37 AM, kunoichi9280 said:

I am wondering what other Pentecostals recommend for a study Bible.  Thanks!

Though I am not a Pentecostal believer I strongly recommend two bibles that are among the best study bibles available. I recommend the Holman King James version Study Bible  or the King James  Tomas Nelson Study Bible .  These are serious Study Bibles for anyone wishing to dig deeply into the word of God.

I would recommend the NIV Study Bible for one reason and that is clarity in case you have trouble defining a particular passage of scripture difficult to understand . For instance I am reading both Ezra and Nehemiah in my Holman Study Bible . I had difficulty interpreting several chapters and verses of both books ,but when I reached for my NIV these passages became very clear to me and I was able to understand what was being exchanged between the various kings that were exchanging letters among themselves. Merry Christmas and I hope I helped you .   M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Matthew Duvall said:

Though I am not a Pentecostal believer I strongly recommend two bibles that are among the best study bibles available. I recommend the Holman King James version Study Bible  or the King James  Tomas Nelson Study Bible .  These are serious Study Bibles for anyone wishing to dig deeply into the word of God.

I would recommend the NIV Study Bible for one reason and that is clarity in case you have trouble defining a particular passage of scripture difficult to understand . For instance I am reading both Ezra and Nehemiah in my Holman Study Bible . I had difficulty interpreting several chapters and verses of both books ,but when I reached for my NIV these passages became very clear to me and I was able to understand what was being exchanged between the various kings that were exchanging letters among themselves. Merry Christmas and I hope I helped you .   M

Thank you very much!  Yes, this is a help.  Merry Christmas!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...