The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Lucian Hodoboc

Can a person struggling with habitual sin repent several times a day and still be forgiven?

Is it possible for someone who struggles with a habitual sin (such as an addiction) to repent after every time they commit the sin, even if it happens several times a day, and still be forgiven? Or does the fact that they are struggling with the same sin mean that they are not saved? :classic_mellow:

God can give us power to stop sin. Pray to him by your heart. We have a brother who did smoke, but after getting baptized by Holy Spirit, God give him power to no need smoke any more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucian Hodoboc said:

Is it possible for someone who struggles with a habitual sin (such as an addiction) to repent after every time they commit the sin, even if it happens several times a day, and still be forgiven? Or does the fact that they are struggling with the same sin mean that they are not saved? :classic_mellow:

Struggling with sin does not mean that you are not saved. Paul talks about his own struggles in Romans 7. His sin continues to crop up even after Salvation. However, if we are struggling with a habitual sin we must figure out why we continue to go to that sin. Pray for divine intervention and seek to eradicate it from our lives.

• Like 2

On 12/20/2018 at 3:58 PM, Echo Song said:

Only Jesus is savior, who can save us. Did you get baptized?

Yes, but I don't know if you accept the Eastern-Orthodox baptism through sprinkling to be valid.

Staff

As the moderator requested

On 12/20/2018 at 6:11 AM, davidtaylorjr said:

We need to keep this thread on-topic. Feel free to start another thread.

On 12/20/2018 at 7:25 AM, Lucian Hodoboc said:

Since a Christian is to forgive a brother who habitually sins and repents (Matthew 18:21-22), I am sure the patience and love of God far exceeds this. When repenting, if it is true repentance, it ought to be done from a pure heart in truth (Psalm 145:18; 2 Timothy 2:22). 

If I think of committing sin and feel okay about it because God will forgive me I ought t bear in mind that He won't be mocked (Galatians 6:7), for it will be putting Him to the test (Matthew 4:7). This is a sobering thought and a warning to heed.

Man, i struggle with this one. I believe you can't keep doing the same thing knowing full well it is wrong, and yet i was doing it (sex). Duh, stupid me! I believe i was in danger of missing the calling up and started reasoning why i could miss it and how i could help the girl i was involved with for an excuse. Eventually tho, conscience got me and i got out of it. Thank God!

• Like 1
  • Praying 1

Posted (edited)
On 12/22/2018 at 8:44 AM, Lucian Hodoboc said:

Yes, but I don't know if you accept the Eastern-Orthodox baptism through sprinkling to be valid.

According to bible, there is no sprinkling baptism.

Jesus was baptized in the Jordan River, and John's disciples baptized in Aenon. The Aenon is the meaning of the spring. The baptism of living water is also a sign that Jesus is a living water.

“On that day a fountain will be opened to the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, to cleanse them from sin and impurity.  (Zechariah 13:1 NIV)

Both Pool baptism  and  Sprinkling water baptism cannot wash away people's sins. This is not in accordance with the Bible. It is not washing away sin but sin.

“My people have committed two sins: They have forsaken me, the spring of living water, and have dug their own cisterns, broken cisterns that cannot hold water.  (Jeremiah 2:13)

Some people say that there is no living water. As long as there is human being, there is a living water. We are baptized in living water, and all sin flows into the depths of the sea. This also fulfills the Bible, because the source of all living water is the depths of the sea.

You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea.  (Micah 7:19)

Edited by davidtaylorjr
Edited spam.