The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Silas

Glad I had my snowshovel handy

Staff
14 hours ago, Silas said:

I really like the winter / Christmas theme going on here!

Very festive.

Well done.

Thanks! Our theme creator is awesome!

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• A Handy Guide To Facial Expressions

How do you tell if someone is hatefully sneering at you or just smiling? It's a difficult task. The post A Handy Guide To Facial Expressions appeared first on The Babylon Bee. View the original full article

in Christian Satire

• Should You Be Outraged? A Handy Flowchart

With so many different current events competing for your time, sometimes it's hard to know what's worth being outraged about. That's why we here at The Babylon Bee have created the above flowchart: so you can carefully examine whether a current event is worth getting all worked up over. Study it hard, tattoo it on yourself, and go forth to be outraged about literally everything, just like Jesus taught! The post Should You Be Outraged? A Handy Flowchart appeared first on The

in Christian Satire

• Broadcast TV Hits Record Number Of Characters That Only GLAAD Would Be Glad About

The organization GLAAD finally has something to be glad about. A new report shows that broadcast television now hosts a record number of LGBTQ characters. According to The Hollywood Reporter, GLAAD's "Where We Are on TV" report has nothing but good news regarding the presence of LGBT characters and LGBT characters of color. View the full article

in Political Conservative News

• Hi, I'm new here. Glad to meet my brothers and sisters!

Hello, brothers and sisters. I'm sis Esther. Glad to meet you all.  I have many hobbies, like music, sports, pets, nature, cooking....etc.  And especially,  I love reading God's words and having fellowships with friends.  Right, I read one passage praising God on the internet days ago, I'd like to share it. ✨"1. Thousands of years passed by, humans still enjoy the light and the air bestowed by God. Humans still breathe in and out the breath exhaled by God Himself. Humans still enj

in Welcome Mat

• Glad he's done

A woman had just moved to a new town and was attending church there for the first time. The sermon was long and boring and the congregation had a hard time staying awake through it. When the service was finally over she decided this would be a good time to get to know her neighbors. She turned to the man sitting next to her and said, "Hello. I'm Gladys Dunn." The man replied, "I'm glad he's done too."

in Humor & Games