The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship Community Forums

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
th1bill

American Pitbulls and Hate

When I was twenty-eight, YHWH blessed me with a son and and a couple of years later a neighbor, a renter moved in, Pitbulls and all.  ¿Contained? by a four foot chain-link fence, I knew they were not contained, not at all.  I and my neighbors bore down on the family until they moved to escape the pressure.

A couple of years ago my critter was approaching 11 years old and the Heart Murmor she was born with had not improved.  Being on a fixed income I began to pray for our LORD to arrange for Him to use some of the evil people that have been known drop their cats and dogs off on our Dead End Street to bring me  a replacement before Delilah passed away... He did.

The dog weighed 6 pounds and had been beaten black and blue.  She was Dark Chocolate in color and I could see the Retriever in her but six pounds at six weeks, she had to be mixed with some sort of Terrier.  Her head had been forced into a plastic Peanut Butter jar.  She could not eat, could not drink and her air, that day, contained little oxigen until my wife pulled the jar off her sholders and head.

Now weighing 56 pounds I have a record setting, hugh. Lap Dog that is terrified of people other thaqn my wife, my daughter and myself.  And she is half Terrier, Pitbull Terrier.  She grew.up on my lap, kissing my ears and licking my glasses off my face.  My LORD brought me the requested Lap Dog to love and to be loved by but I also learned a great deal about love and judgement from my half blooded Pitbull/Retriever baby.

In Churches around the world, people sit to express love for their God hatingosg Mexicans, Gringos, Wet Backs, Wops, Square Heads, Ruskies and on and on.  In Matthew 22:34-40 we discover that the two greates Commandments are to love YHWH without reservation and to love that Drunken Bum on the corner at least as much as we love ourselve. and in the little book of James we are taught to considers others more important than ourselves

But do we really give the best piece of cake to a stranger we know not or do we secret it away?

• Like 1