The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship Community Forums

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Andrew

Jesus Crucifixion & Atonement

There are three methods of atonement in the Bible – Blood Sacrifice is the weakest form of atonement.

Contrary to the Christian claim that blood sacrifice is the only method of atonement in the Bible, there are three methods of atonement clearly defined in the Jewish Bible:

The sin sacrifice [Leviticus 4:1-35], repentance [Deuteronomy 4:26-31; I Kings 8:46-50; Isaiah 55:6-9; Jeremiah 7:3-23; Ezekiel 18:1-23; Hosea 6:6; 14:2-3; Micah 6:6; Psalm 40:6-8; 51:14-17] and charity [Proverbs 10:2; 11:4; 16:6; II Chronicles 6:36-39].

Moreover, the sin sacrifice, did NOT atone for all types of sin, but rather, only for man’s most insignificant iniquity: unintentional sins. The sin sacrifice was inadequate to atone for transgressions committed intentionally. The rebellious sinner was barred from the Sanctuary, and had to bear his own iniquity because of his deliberate intent to sin against God [Numbers 15:27-31].

Jewish Bible clearly highlights two other methods of atonement more efficacious and pleasing to God than a blood sacrifice: Heartfelt repentance and Charity. [I Samuel 15:22; Micah 6:6-8; Psalm 40:6; Hosea 6:6, 14:2; Proverbs 21:3]

Throughout the Jewish Bible, the Prophets declared that repentance and charity are more pleasing to God for atonement than a blood sacrifice. They repeatedly warned the Jewish people not to rely on blood offerings. Other methods of atonement were more efficacious and would even replace animal sacrifices.

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

There are three methods of atonement in the Bible – Blood Sacrifice is the weakest form of atonement.

Contrary to the Christian claim that blood sacrifice is the only method of atonement in the Bible, there are three methods of atonement clearly defined in the Jewish Bible:

The sin sacrifice [Leviticus 4:1-35], repentance [Deuteronomy 4:26-31; I Kings 8:46-50; Isaiah 55:6-9; Jeremiah 7:3-23; Ezekiel 18:1-23; Hosea 6:6; 14:2-3; Micah 6:6; Psalm 40:6-8; 51:14-17] and charity [Proverbs 10:2; 11:4; 16:6; II Chronicles 6:36-39].

Moreover, the sin sacrifice, did NOT atone for all types of sin, but rather, only for man’s most insignificant iniquity: unintentional sins. The sin sacrifice was inadequate to atone for transgressions committed intentionally. The rebellious sinner was barred from the Sanctuary, and had to bear his own iniquity because of his deliberate intent to sin against God [Numbers 15:27-31].

Jewish Bible clearly highlights two other methods of atonement more efficacious and pleasing to God than a blood sacrifice: Heartfelt repentance and Charity. [I Samuel 15:22; Micah 6:6-8; Psalm 40:6; Hosea 6:6, 14:2; Proverbs 21:3]

Throughout the Jewish Bible, the Prophets declared that repentance and charity are more pleasing to God for atonement than a blood sacrifice. They repeatedly warned the Jewish people not to rely on blood offerings. Other methods of atonement were more efficacious and would even replace animal sacrifices.

Hi Andrew. According to your belief why was Jesus crucified?

Staff
2 hours ago, Andrew said:

Throughout the Jewish Bible

The Jewish Bible???

• Haha 1
  • Toast 1

You're forcing verses to mean something they don't, like

1Samuel 15:22, of course God wants obieance, but in no way is obedience attonment. 

13 hours ago, Andrew said:

So the cross was a lesser atonement and only for insignificant sins? What is an insignificant sin?

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 3:29 AM, Andrew said:

And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; And without the shedding of blood is no remission for sins . Heb.9:22 

Since I am fully dependent upon grace for my salvation, I would never look for it in a Jewish Bible . "For it is by grace you have been saved and etc.. "

Edited by Matthew Duvall
spelling

If God really planned to send his son to be sacrificed why He not gave complete details about him in OT? Why God kept Jews ignorant of him? Why there are some vague prophecies in OT?

According to Jews, Messiah must – be a descendant of David through his son Solomon, restore David’s Kingdom to its former glory, achieve victory in battle against Israel’s enemies, rebuild the Temple & gather the exiles in Israel. BUT, Jesus didn’t fulfill any of those Jewish expectations.

Staff
44 minutes ago, Andrew said:

If God really planned to send his son to be sacrificed why He not gave complete details about him in OT? Why God kept Jews ignorant of him? Why there are some vague prophecies in OT?

According to Jews, Messiah must – be a descendant of David through his son Solomon, restore David’s Kingdom to its former glory, achieve victory in battle against Israel’s enemies, rebuild the Temple & gather the exiles in Israel. BUT, Jesus didn’t fulfill any of those Jewish expectations.

@Andrew What is your purpose for joining this site? We are a Bible believing site if you are looking for answers fine, if sowing discord is your goal , which is what i read, Why? 

• Like 1

Staff
1 hour ago, Andrew said:

If God really planned to send his son to be sacrificed why He not gave complete details about him in OT?

Because that was not God's plan.  God does not own you or anyone else an explanation.  Your point is nothing more than your own personal expectations.

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

According to Jews

We are not following Jewish theology but biblical theology which clearly you know nothing about given your comments and questions.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Andrew said:

The prophecies may seem vague to some, but we can't blame God for that, nor for the ignorance of those who oppose Him.

Mat 23:34-39
(34)  Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them you shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall you scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
(35)  That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
(36)  Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.
(37)  O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you that kill the prophets, and stone them which are sent unto you, how often would I have gathered your children together, even as a hen gathers her chickens under her wings, and you would not!
(38)  Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
(39)  For I say unto you, You shall not see me henceforth, till you shall say, Blessed is he that comes in the name of the Lord.

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 3:29 AM, Andrew said:

The blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from ALL SIN !  1st.Jn.1:7

There are multitudes of cross references to prove that your assertion is clearly wrong . But offering evidence of them in written form cannot convince people like you . Without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sin . Heb.9:22 .       M

• Like 1