The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship Community Forums

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
TonyT

Remembering God's Sovereignty

Hello, I just have something to share. I want to thank the Lord for His' sovereignty and His' protection of me sinning. Whenever I feel tempted to misuse His' name such as after something upsetting is said or happens to me, it never happens and I know it is because of my prayers and Him answering them. He has also protected me from saying, thinking or committing anything unpardonable or satanic. I am very grateful to Him for it and felt that it is important to share this.

1 hour ago, TonyT said:

Hello, I just have something to share. I want to thank the Lord for His' sovereignty and His' protection of me sinning. Whenever I feel tempted to misuse His' name such as after something upsetting is said or happens to me, it never happens and I know it is because of my prayers and Him answering them. He has also protected me from saying, thinking or committing anything unpardonable or satanic. I am very grateful to Him for it and felt that it is important to share this.

That's good news, TonyT. I find continual interaction with trusted Christian friends and constant referral to the Word of God both in their company and during times of solitude very effective in producing the fruit of the Spirit which seems to be what is happening with you. 

Gal 5:22-25
(22)  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
(23)  Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
(24)  And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
(25)  If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

• Love 1

Thank you for sharing Placable37. I am also thankful to the Lord for His' help especially when I am at work not to blurt out anything evil or satanic. I am also grateful that He has helped me in all of my school/college classes in the past and present. He has also helped me not to cheat and He has helped me to be really good on homework and tests after studying.

Just wanted to add that today I was playing an online game that I really like. I always like to type up things like Thanking the Lord Jesus (Hebrew Name: Yeshua) and asking Him to lead everyone there (meaning everyone playing the game) to Him and to repentance of their sins. However, someone in the game said something similar to saying that I was being disrespectful because of saying this. I told him that I was a Christian ( I did not screw up thanks to God's help) and I also told him that I was doing it to evangelize. I told him that I thought what he wrote was rude and I also said that I love the Lord Jesus and wanted souls to be saved. I really truly respect and fear the Lord and want people to be saved. Thank you for listening. I pray that I always take Him seriously and that I would never mock which I didn't and never will.

• Like 1