The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship Community Forums

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
TonyT

Playing Pokemon and my earthly father

Hello, this is a thread that I would like to talk about Pokemon and my earthly father. When I was younger I think I did watch some episodes, however my dad didn't want me to watch it after he learned some more things about it.  I asked my mom (who is okay with the series) to ask my dad if he was okay with me watching it (in terms of modern times because when he didn't want me to watch it, is was back when I was younger in the early 2000s) and he said something about that it was bad back then and that the Christian community thought it had occult things in it. He also said some other stuff and said something about being tempted to play it. My mom has been okay with me playing it (the video game) and when I watched it in the past too, but not my dad. I am 22 and a half now. I was just concerned because now my dad hasn't said to me you are banned from buying or playing Pokemon in the modern day and he didn't say that I wasn't allowed to now. He just mentioned about being tempted. The thing is, would it be considered dishonoring my father and mother by playing the games and is it a lie? I still like listening to the music from the games and I haven't played them for a little while.