The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship Community Forums

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Becky

Microsoft Works

Staff

Some how the microworks stuff left my computer . I have works suite 2006 . I wish to load it into my computer . If anyone chooses to help me .. PLEASE only very basic simple language. 

Some of my questions:

How do i know it is loading?

How do i know which options to use what the computer asks me?

It is legal it came with one of the computers.

I have windows 8 running with a 'shell ' so it looks like windows more like W7 

Staff

Sounds like Microsoft doesn't works to me. Lol.

Staff

Not funny :classic_tongue:

• Like 1

Staff

What Do I Do to Fix KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR In Windows 8?

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR is displayed on Blue Screen of Death (BSOD). This error has Bug Check Code (BCCode) 0x0000007A, and it means that there is some issue reading/loading information to/from Pagefile that is stored in the hard disk drive.

Exact cause of KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR can be found by going through the code displayed under Parameter 2 heading which can be read by opening the generated minidump file in any .DMP viewer application such as BlueScreenView. Some most commonly Parameter 2 codes related to KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR, STOP: 0x0000007A are:

0xC000009A – This Parameter 2 code represents missing nonpaged pool resources.

0xC000009A – This code represents that the installed hard disk drive has bad sectors.

The page lasted long enough for me to write down the name. 

Staff

Those errors indicate corrupt data possibly due to a failing harddrive. There should be a Windows tool to inspect, test, and repair the corrupted data on the harddrive. If the actual harddrive is failing the only option is to replace the HD. You'll lose everything on the HD, I'd begin backing up your personal data before proceeding. 

On the issue of using old or outdated software, MS has a compatibility tool which allows the OS to run the old software as if from an outdated version of windows. I think you just right click on the software's icon and choose the compatibility wizard. You can double check my info and advice on the net. 

If you have only corrupted kernel files you can try reinstalling the OS but I'd go right to Windows 10 rather than 8.

Lastly, dressing up Windows 8 to look like 7 is not a shell, but a theme. 

Staff
25 minutes ago, William said:

I'd begin backing up your personal data before proceeding. 

exactly how do i do that

Staff

Discs or a plugin storage device. For example, computer shops have Hds you plug into the computer by a USB, then you simply drag the folders and files to the storage device. You can transfer the data from the storage device to other computers or your repaired or new computer in the future. Otherwise you'll need to do this the old school way by burning the data to discs. USB thumb drives are not much money, just about every electronics store carries them, plug them into a USB port and start dragging folders and files into them in order to back up the data. 

Staff

I have used CDs successfully  the little things thumb drives i can not make work .. i have CDs so i will give them a try Should have done that every so often anyway

Staff
2 minutes ago, Becky said:

I have used CDs successfully  the little things thumb drives i can not make work .. i have CDs so i will give them a try Should have done that every so often anyway

A lot of people use cloud storage and sync their PC to the cloud. Should your computer go down your data is stored on the cloud, which is nothing more than a harddrive accessed by an internet connection.

Staff

my mind is boggling .

Staff

Dell wants 240 bucks to fix it for a year.  while suggesting i up grade to windows 10 .. Computers are a love hate thing to me

Staff
15 minutes ago, Becky said:

Dell wants 240 bucks to fix it for a year.  while suggesting i up grade to windows 10 .. Computers are a love hate thing to me

I'd seriously consider a new computer for that price. I'd also look for a new PC which has a SSD HD. They don't have moving parts but rather chips for storage. We use a SSD HD for this website on a Linux OS server. They are much faster and way more reliable long term. 600-800 should get you into a decent computer which doesn't include a monitor but has Windows 10 already loaded. Shop Amazon for desktop pcs and even Costco. Around this time of year there are some real deals out there. 

Staff

I am looking at costco just now. 

Granddaughter showed me to the command page the machine is repairing its self   could take a while . She is a wonderful reformed  Presbyterian . This tablet does not have spell  check .  took just over 2 hours. 🙂 I was able to reload WORD

Staff

So the old computer kept restarting very often.. Looking at options Husband telling me not to buy refurbished I ended up with a W10 from good ol dell. 

Much to my aggravation I cant copy and paste.  Microsoft help is a bad joke. Any one have any good info?

Copy and paste works using google .