The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship Community Forums

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Faber

All Trinity Debates Thread

There are many debates concerning the Trinity and/or the Deity of Christ. Rather than starting a new thread concerning some/many of them I figured to simply have one thread to go to in order to discuss them.

It just came to my attention that Dr. Dale Tuggy and Dr. Michael Brown intend to debate on January 11, 2019.

https://trinities.org/blog/upcoming-tuggy-brown-debate/

Just to be clear, the web site "trinities" is anti-Trinitarian so I wouldn't go there searching for the truth about the nature of God.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• What's new? (Friendly chat thread)

Thought it'd be nice to have a chat thread where we can just stop in, and offer support, encouragement, or just say how our day is going. Let's not turn it into a debate thread. :)     I'll go first. I'm trying to get some work done, and feeling a little discouraged this week. But, I listened to an amazing pastor's sermon (Timothy Keller) about God's guidance, and how God wants us to become wise decision makers on our own, sometimes - and it has lifted my spirits. :)

in Off Topic Discussion

• Salvation without The Trinity? How?

For any non Trinitarians that might come across this I have a couple questions that I was curious to see how you would anwser.   If Jesus is not God, how can his sacrifice attome for the sins of all the elect? That would be one sinless life of a mere mortal, which can only purchase the redemption of one other life.   If Jesus is not God, why did Jesus not have to spend eternity in Hell to pay for our sins?    Hope to hear some good answers soon.   Stay ble

in God (Trinitarian doctrines)

• Show me one passage that says "Trinity"

Even though the specific word "Trinity" is not found in the Bible the teaching of it most certainly exists. Furthermore, the truth of God's word does not have to exist in only one passage. All the passages of the Bible (not 1, a few, or most - but all) ought to be taken into consideration to see what God is teaching. Be that as it may here are two passages that teach that God is a Trinity:   A. Matthew 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the

in God (Trinitarian doctrines)

• The Gospel of the Holy Trinity

Why the revelation of God as Trinity is the very heart of the Gospel! View the full article

in Soteriology and Reformation Theology

• How can the trinity be one God?

I'm not understanding how the trinity is one God. If you have three divine persons with three divine minds and three divine wills you have by definition three divine gods. The trinity isn't even supported by scripture. We must recognize that Jesus is in every way subordinate to God(who is the Father).  It is the Father who gave the Son life(John 5:26).  It's the Father who gives Jesus his authority and power(John 3:35)(Matthew 28:18-20)(Matthew 11:27)(Phillipians 2:9)(Ephesians 1:20)(John 17:1-3

in Theological Debate