The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Kate1987

Rejection

Hi 

I am in no way shape or form here to bash Christians, I myself was a born again Christian who you would say is in a dessert place at the momment and is trying to comprehend events that changed my life completely last year. 

I was rejected by my two closest friends when I began having doubts in my faith and became pregnant. Yes I know I sinned and having sex before marriage is forbidden. It is something I have struggled with when it came to both Christian and non Christian relationships. Neither of my friends seemed to be wanting to part ways over this before, yet they claimed a week or so after me telling them I was pregnant that God himself told them to leave me be as we are on very different paths in life. Now this led to us no longer speaking and causing great anxiety that God would punish me or my child and God has rejected me. I already have suffered anxiety for years and was a high risk pregnancy due to heart surgery as a child. My friends know this and they still chose to treat me like years of friendship meant nothing. Baring in mind the one friend in particular has suffered addiction with alcohol drugs commited adultery as well as her sister. The other has a family member who has remarried  within the  church to a not very nice man and rubbed it very obviously in front of the ex wifes face causing her to leave. This caused many of the church to leave as the pastor brushed it under the carpet like he always does claiming God will solve matters and yet wonders why people have left. I never once rejected or judged them. Why is it they make allowances for sin that can be swept under the carpet to human eyes for family and themselves yet reject a pregancy of a friend and for having doubts. If a person were to abort a baby they would condem you for that. It's a loose loose situation. I had my say on this to which the one replied God has spoken on the matter that's all I'll say an the other in shortened terms said I believe you need this time alone yet she will continue to pray for me like the prodigal son. Now this has made my relationship with God near enough exstinct. I find it so difficult to pray or believe that God hasn't rejected me through their actions. I feel a massive blockage between us that won't go away.What's people's opinion on this situation as I know these ex friends will feel justified in their actions and say I'm lost etc etc. 

Staff

Our relationship with God does not, should not, depend on our friends.  We are all sinners. We are saved by Grace.  It is the Cross of Christ we should be looking too not other people .  The churches dotted across the land would be perfect place except for the fact they  are made up of people.   Jesus told the woman at the well  "go and sin no more". He did  not 'get on her case' . Trust in Him , in His Word , in His example.. 

Gal 6:14  But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world. 

• Like 3

Hello Kate and welcome to ChristForums.

If you had or have sin in your life then confess it as such with all your heart in truth (Psalm 145:18) and then continue on with the Lord. We have all done horrible and terrible things (I begin with myself) but the Lord is very patient and longs for sweet fellowship with you. Jesus is lowly in heart and very tender in His mercy (Matthew 11:29).

• Like 1

Staff

Welcome and hello Kate

Hi Kate!

I came into the Grace of Yashuah ha'Mashiah, Jesus, our Savior, from the Stage.  If ever a Womanizing Scoundrel with a Guitar in one hand and a microphone pressed to his lips with the other should have not been permitted entry, he would have been I!  The Church received me and I continue, 29 years later, to grow in the Faith.

I have learned one great lesson from my daily studies during the past 2.9 years of study, we must not listen to the Teachers of the World's Gospel but when hearing or reading anyone'ś comments on or about any scripture, we must be like the Bereans and look to the scriptures they profess to use for the clarity YHWH infuses and the Holy Spirit residing in your heart interprets for you.

i.e. Matthew 7:1 is the opening statement of the first paragraph of the chapter that teaches us how and what to judge, not that we should be everybody"s Mark to be taken in.  I pray you enjoy being here and grow in the Faith of our Savior.

1Jo 1:8

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar,

Go and sin no more.

Becky is right Kate, and so are your friends...

1Co 5:11

But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

However, following is further guidance from Paul on this issue.

2Co 2:7

So that contrariwise ye ought rather to forgive him, and comfort him, lest perhaps such a one should be swallowed up with overmuch sorrow.

Wherefore I beseech you that ye would confirm your love toward him.

Kate, please do not allow human behavior and attitudes keep you from drawing nearer to God at this time. Then, Satan wins, you lose and all of us here who love and care for you lose.

In Christ

We do judge Kate,

1Co 6:2

Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?

Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church.

I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?

But, we do not condemn or have the authority to destroy your eternal soul, that is between you and God.

Romans 2:15

Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)

In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

If those of us who made mistakes, (sinned) are eternally lost the human experience was a waste of time, for no one will make it by achieving perfection.

It's ok sis, this desert, this desperate land of mirage is a vapor, You've heard Gods voice, look to the future, take His hand and walk with him. Please do not abort, many would love a precious child.

May God be with you.

Edited by islandrazor

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:40 AM, Kate1987 said:

Hi 

I am in no way shape or form here to bash Christians, I myself was a born again Christian who you would say is in a dessert place at the momment and is trying to comprehend events that changed my life completely last year. 

I was rejected by my two closest friends when I began having doubts in my faith and became pregnant. Yes I know I sinned and having sex before marriage is forbidden. It is something I have struggled with when it came to both Christian and non Christian relationships. Neither of my friends seemed to be wanting to part ways over this before, yet they claimed a week or so after me telling them I was pregnant that God himself told them to leave me be as we are on very different paths in life. Now this led to us no longer speaking and causing great anxiety that God would punish me or my child and God has rejected me. I already have suffered anxiety for years and was a high risk pregnancy due to heart surgery as a child. My friends know this and they still chose to treat me like years of friendship meant nothing. Baring in mind the one friend in particular has suffered addiction with alcohol drugs commited adultery as well as her sister. The other has a family member who has remarried  within the  church to a not very nice man and rubbed it very obviously in front of the ex wifes face causing her to leave. This caused many of the church to leave as the pastor brushed it under the carpet like he always does claiming God will solve matters and yet wonders why people have left. I never once rejected or judged them. Why is it they make allowances for sin that can be swept under the carpet to human eyes for family and themselves yet reject a pregancy of a friend and for having doubts. If a person were to abort a baby they would condem you for that. It's a loose loose situation. I had my say on this to which the one replied God has spoken on the matter that's all I'll say an the other in shortened terms said I believe you need this time alone yet she will continue to pray for me like the prodigal son. Now this has made my relationship with God near enough exstinct. I find it so difficult to pray or believe that God hasn't rejected me through their actions. I feel a massive blockage between us that won't go away.What's people's opinion on this situation as I know these ex friends will feel justified in their actions and say I'm lost etc etc. 

Welcome to the forum. I think the best thing you need now is prayer . So instead of trying to sift through the matter I believe it is in your best interest  to just let God into the matter . That is not a pass to believe that God will act instantly and free you from all of the trouble you're going through at once . He works in providence . Meaning that one event will ultimately over shadow another and eventually the answer becomes evident. Right now by you being pregnant you are going to experience a newness of life that does not include your friends . They obviously haven't contributed to your situation to help in any way. So don't lose faith and believe me, you are in my prayers .

• Love 1

Hi Kate,

Regardless we are to live as an example of Christ but there are times everyday that we (me) fall short but regardless of what we have or have not done Jesus said He would never leave us or forsake us. Your friends may have turned away but Jesus has not and knowing the suffering that you are going through now He is even closer if you will only realize it. He is but a breath away. Use that breath to call His name and there He is to comfort, to hold your hand, and to catch your tears. He will be with you each step of the way with your baby. There is rejoicing in that you are having a baby to be able have something that is truly a part of you. Jesus will give you the wisdom to raise your child well. He loves you no matter what or how and His love never fails. Perhaps your friends will return and perhaps not. If they don't, don't judge them, forgive them when you can, and move on to deeper friends that God can lead you to. Congratulations on your baby and peace be with now and always...Bill

• Love 1

@islandrazor I absolutely did not abort. I have a beautiful three month old baby girl. Abortion was never in my mind. It was a point I was making. These so called friends of mine would judge me either way. If I kept or aborted. My other point was how can they judge me when they are guilty of many of the above sins mentioned in scripture you quoted above and their family. 

• Love 1

On 11/10/2018 at 10:40 AM, Kate1987 said:

Hi 

Let me say up front that you are lusted after!  LOL!  Let me sooth the nerves of the Self Righteous now... I am, just, days from being 74 and you are enduring the best years of your life and like me, you have sinned.  I enjoy lying to myself and proclaiming to me and me alone that no matter the world says, I am still a wild man.  But the truth is that folks my age lust for your age because 74 and disease hurts so darn much.  Did I sin at your age?  WHOO BOY! and I still work on solving that issue.

It sounds, very much, to me as if you need a church where YHWH, Yashuah and Ruah are worshiped instead of self. (1 John 1:8-10 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

8 If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.)

I came into the Church from the Stage where I drank, smoked, shot up, snorted, run rails and dropped or popped pills.  Oh yeah, and treated18 to 22 year old girls like a bed topper.  YHWH has not turned His back on you but that Old Dragon is sure working to turn your back on the forgiveness  and Holy Love of our Triune Elohim.

If you will ignore the  agents of Satan and turn to travel back to where you are loved, YHWH is waiting, right behind you with His arms extended, waiting, the whole time, for you to return and stop allowing the Nay Sayer to drive you away from Him and True Love.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kate1987 said:

@islandrazor I absolutely did not abort. I have a beautiful three month old baby girl. Abortion was never in my mind. It was a point I was making. These so called friends of mine would judge me either way. If I kept or aborted. My other point was how can they judge me when they are guilty of many of the above sins mentioned in scripture you quoted above and their family. 

Stay strong Kate.  Humans are a messy bunch. Look to God, not them. We all make mistakes and we all have moments of feeling isolated. I've been working on writing a new song, it starts like this:

Oh love of mine

Wind scattered seed in the fields of time

You have heard my Spirit whispering

Oh dear friend of mine

You've tasted the vision of future time

When I will carry you to your home

This illusion of life in a desperate land, mirage in a desert storm

Take my hand and hear my voice

Oh love of mine

The groom is preparing for His dear bride

And I will carry you to our home

---------------- I'm not finished with it yet........

You didn't used to be born again, you are.

Life is a boot camp, good times, crummy times, we're strangers on earth, our home is with God so we keep our eye on the prize.

Don't let puny humans dissuade you or cause you to turn your eyes from God. You have brothers and sisters here.

1 Cor 10:13

No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it.
May you be aware and confidant in God's love and presence in your life in this time of desperate challenge.

Looking forward,

In Christ