The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Becky

Going off topic

Staff

OK Ok so i go  off topic some times .. I speak from the heart , surprise  my heart is emotional. :classic_tongue:  Having been on staff for a few years i know better, Fully understanding the logic for staying on topic knowing what should be  is different then doing so.  Threads often progress like snowballs or even an avalanche ! What can i say but blame the fact i am female. 

• Like 3
  • Praying 1

Staff

When i first got a computer i used it as a way to search Scripture. Bought the program Bible Soft if i remember the name correctly . At that time 'chats' were the only option known to me.  In chats sentence structure, grammar was not a big deal . I loved it. Go on a few years and forums showed up.  I was intimated,  Sticking to quoting Scripture because of my lack of speaking skills. Good ol Fritz kicked me off Crosswalk every so often because of my choice of Scripture :classic_wink:. Bouncing around  i found a internet home for a good few years . A member there had worse grammar and sentence structure then me ! WOW. Vowing a couple of things one to improve spelling,( thanks to spell check)  and grammar and to not be intimated  but to learn. See i noticed the message got through bad grammar and all .I am a firm believer:

Isa_55:11  So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. 

Having put forth the effort while still learning has been a blessing. To those reading that like myself are not educated or skilled we can and do contribute to the Body.  Praise the Lord . Finding comfort in Scripture we worship in Spirit and Truth.  Please do not read this and get the idea that there is not respect of and for those who  God has blessed wiht education wisdom and knowledge i hold them in high esteem , learning from them. 

The point here is to encourage those who may not have the education to press on dont let that hold you back sick your foot in the pool. Joh 5:2  Now there is at Jerusalem by the sheep market a pool, which is called in the Hebrew tongue Bethesda, having five porches. 
 Most the brothers and sisters crossing my path are understanding and helpful. A wonderful resource of help and knowledge .

• Love 1

21 hours ago, Becky said:

What can i say but blame the fact i am female. 

Way ahead of ya! Lol, just kidding.

I'm thinking that you might just be a strong extrovert.

• Like 2