The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
justasking

Date of Revelation

Date of Revelation  

3 members have voted

1. 1. When was Revelation written?

• around 95 AD under Domitian
    • around 65 under Nero
    • during the year of the four emperors (69 AD)
    • Other (please state)

Staff
11 minutes ago, justasking said:

If we break this down a bit:

Irenaeus wasn't a student of Polycarp.

It is questionable whether he claimed that Revelation was seen in John's day.

Clement of Alexandria doesn't mention Domitian.

Victorinus doesn't agree with Eusebius that John was banished late in Domitian's reign.

Jerome was following Eusebius. 

So where is the strong evidence?

Also Eusebius was just following Irenaeus.

Staff

Everyone let's keep this thread on topic.  The evidence for or against an early or late date for the composition of the book of Revelation.  No more detours or side issues.

• Like 1
  • Best Answer 2

Staff
1 hour ago, justasking said:

You are an admin and you are making this about preterism instead of about the dating of Revelation? Isn't your job to insure people don't wreck and destroy threads with their own pet obsessions? 

I let my emotions get the better of me. I have with drawn from the thread. .. 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.