The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Support

Bloody Halloween: 42 People Shot In Chicago Over The Weekend

Support

The weather may be cooling down in Chicago, but the violence shows no signs of letting up. After one of the bloodiest summers in the city's history, 42 people were shot -- and 5 killed -- over the weekend.

View the full article

Knotical

But that can't be possible.  Chicago has some of the strictest anti-gun laws in the nation.  Surely, there aren't any law-abiding citizens wielding guns around Chicago...oh wait.

William
Staff

Surprised there isn't Vigilante justice in Chicago, or at least nothing being reported. 

Faber

Why aren't we teaching people the importance of not murdering other people? Wait a minute, that sounds too close to what is written in the Ten Commandments and we don't want too come off as to preachy and enforcing any biblical rights and wrongs so scrap that idea.

William
Staff
4 minutes ago, Faber said:

Why aren't we teaching people the importance of not murdering other people? Wait a minute, that sounds too close to what is written in the Ten Commandments and we don't want to come off as to preachy and enforcing any biblical rights and wrongs so scrap that idea.

Yes, We the People vote into office people that are not God fearing. These same people will eliminate Christianity or effectively contain Christianity into buildings (church) and keep Christians silent outside its own walls. Then the politicians voted into office will speak on behalf of the Lord:

Meanwhile a lot of Christians believe the church should not engage in political discussion or enter the political sphere.

Knotical
12 minutes ago, William said:

Surprised there isn't Vigilante justice in Chicago, or at least nothing being reported. 

If only there some sort of, I don't know, caped crusader, that could help the cops in that town crack down on crime, or something.

William
Staff
1 minute ago, Knotical said:

If only there some sort of, I don't know, caped crusader, that could help the cops in that town crack down on crime, or something.

I was rolling last week when I came across this video. If I was 20 years younger again!

Note the caped crusaders!

Matthew A.Duvall
On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 2:24 PM, William said:

I was rolling last week when I came across this video. If I was 20 years younger again!

Note the caped crusaders!

Amazing that you never know that this is happening unless a considerate poster in a Christian forum reveals it . Because you would never see this  on national media. But,,,,OH !!!! Headline, Urgent, !!!!  News reports that " Upon exiting Air Force One President Trump was not holding the First Lady's hand as they made their way down the stairway of the airplane ."

• Like 1