The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Grafted Branch

Temple sacrifices during the tribulation

There’s a common belief that the temple and sacrifices will resume in Jerusalem. This happens at or close to the 7 year peace treaty. Half way through at 3 1/2 years the abomination of desolation occurs and the Jews flee into the wilderness where a place is prepared for them for a time, times, and half a time. These Jews are viewed as saved people.

The major issue with this belief is that the animal sacrifices in the past were pointing to Christ being the perfect and complete sacrifice. Christ only dies once for our sins. All people past, present, and future that are saved are done so by this one act of Christ paying for their sins, no matter if they fully understood it or not. During the tribulation people who make animal sacrifices to atone for their sins are essentially denying that Christ has already done this. These people therefore can’t be saved, at least at this point, because they are denying Christ. If people do flee at the 3 1/2 year time period and aren’t killed, that fact doesn’t mean they’re saved either.

I think many people will try to assimilate into becoming Jews and deny Christ in the process during the tribulation.

Does anyone find a reason why animal sacrifices would be beneficial, other than to deceive, during the tribulation? Or have any other thoughts on this.

Staff

Any acceptance of blood sacrifices other then the Blood of Christ is disgusting.  Such a slap in the face of God to place a cow over His Son. There is no place inthe Christian heart for such other god worship/ 

• Like 1
  • Best Answer 2

6 hours ago, Grafted Branch said:

There’s a common belief that the temple and sacrifices will resume in Jerusalem. This happens at or close to the 7 year peace treaty. Half way through at 3 1/2 years the abomination of desolation occurs and the Jews flee into the wilderness where a place is prepared for them for a time, times, and half a time. These Jews are viewed as saved people.

The major issue with this belief is that the animal sacrifices in the past were pointing to Christ being the perfect and complete sacrifice. Christ only dies once for our sins. All people past, present, and future that are saved are done so by this one act of Christ paying for their sins, no matter if they fully understood it or not. During the tribulation people who make animal sacrifices to atone for their sins are essentially denying that Christ has already done this. These people therefore can’t be saved, at least at this point, because they are denying Christ. If people do flee at the 3 1/2 year time period and aren’t killed, that fact doesn’t mean they’re saved either.

I think many people will try to assimilate into becoming Jews and deny Christ in the process during the tribulation.

Does anyone find a reason why animal sacrifices would be beneficial, other than to deceive, during the tribulation? Or have any other thoughts on this.

Hi Grafted Branch,

Here's a link that may add to your discussion, or leave you none the wiser.

Problem-of-Sacrifices-PDF.

• Informative 1

Passages like....

Isaiah 56:6-8 

Zechariah 14:16

Jeremiah 33:15-18

Ezekiel 43:18-46:24

...seem to indicate a millennial sacrifice.  Is it possible the sacrifice is intended to be a memorial--sort of like we take communion?

Consider here.

• Best Answer 1

3 hours ago, GaoLu said:

Passages like....

...seem to indicate a millennial sacrifice.  Is it possible the sacrifice is intended to be a memorial--sort of like we take communion?

Consider here.

Not one verse you provided shows a future 1000 year kingdom on earth, you QUOTE Zech 14:16 below and hang "Animal Blood Sacrifice" on this verse, it isn't seen of course.

Ezekiel chapters 40-46 represents the 2nd Zerubbabel temple in 536BC, this temple maintained animal sacrifice prior to the cross of calvary.

The false teachings in Darby & Scofields dispensationalism has Jesus Christ sitting on a throne, watching this all take place, sorta morbid.

Zechariah 14:16KJV

16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, theLord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

Edited by Truth7t7

My belief is quite different than most.

I believe the daily sacrifice offerd by israelis are not animals at all.I believe tye sacrifice is not a sacrifice made to God either.

The semetic word moloch means king and symbol of israelis "king" is his star.

Known today a the star of David,it is the symbol of the Israeli govetment which they have chosen for theselves.

So my belief is that this king of the north shall send a millitary to occupy jerusalem .At that time the sacrifice israelis make to the israeli goverment shall be abolished.

This sacrifice they make is the conscription"draft".

Staff

So wishing i had big fancy words. Some of these post are so insulting the Sacrifice God sent . How they try to obscure the Cross of Christ. People  looking for a kingdom that looks human . A palace or temple a chair for a throne ... He tells us the earth is His foot stool.  He tells us he is the Chief Corner Stone yet we want to see a mortar and stone building. Act_7:48  Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet, 

Over and over He tells us about His Kingdom Where it is and where it isn't .. He tell us not to be looking here or there  Luk 17:20  And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: 
Luk 17:21  Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you. 

Yet humans seems to want things to be fitting into our mindset . This is why the Jewish leaders 2000 years ago missed His Kingship. 

Heb 7:26  For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens; 
Heb 7:27  Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself. 
Heb 7:28  For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but the word of the oath, which was since the law, maketh the Son, who is consecrated for evermore. 

• Like 1

On 10/30/2018 at 2:30 AM, GaoLu said:

Passages like....

Consider here.

Communion was established to replace the passover sacrifice.  Jesus said we are to practice it until he returns.  But what happens after he returns?  I believe you are right in thinking it will be replaced by the millennial sacrifices.

https://clydeherrin.wordpress.com/2011/11/16/animal-sacrifices-during-the-millenium/

• Like 1

Staff

YUP  very clear Jesus said 

Luk 22:19  And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. 
Luk 22:20  Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you. 

Where does He say i want the blood of goats and bulls to be shed again?  

Did He not say it is finished? 

To my thinking the whole of the OT sets examples of the Cross, It shows the path to the Cross. I cant help but see the Cross, God sacrificing His only begotten Son  as the 'center' of God's history. 

Do we not know of the warnings in the OT?

The People of Israel Want a King

8 1-2 Samuel had two sons. The older one was Joel, and the younger one was Abijah. When Samuel was getting old, he let them be leaders[a] at Beersheba. 3 But they were not like their father. They were dishonest and accepted bribes to give unfair decisions.

4 One day the nation’s leaders came to Samuel at Ramah 5 and said, “You are an old man. You set a good example for your sons, but they haven’t followed it. Now we want a king to be our leader, just like all the other nations. Choose one for us!”

6 Samuel was upset to hear the leaders say they wanted a king, so he prayed about it. 7 The Lord answered:

Samuel, do everything they want you to do. I am really the one they have rejected as their king. 8 Ever since the day I rescued my people from Egypt, they have turned from me to worship idols. Now they are turning away from you. 9 Do everything they ask, but warn them and tell them how a king will treat them.

10 Samuel told the people who were asking for a king what the Lord had said:

11 If you have a king, this is how he will treat you. He will force your sons to join his army. Some of them will ride in his chariots, some will serve in the cavalry, and others will run ahead of his own chariot.[c]12 Some of them will be officers in charge of a thousand soldiers, and others will be in charge of fifty. Still others will have to farm the king’s land and harvest his crops, or make weapons and parts for his chariots. 13 Your daughters will have to make perfume or do his cooking and baking.

14 The king will take your best fields, as well as your vineyards, and olive orchards and give them to his own officials. 15 He will also take a tenth of your grain and grapes and give it to his officers and officials.

16 The king will take your slaves and your best young men and your donkeys and make them do his work. 17 He will also take a tenth of your sheep and goats. You will become the king’s slaves, 18 and you will finally cry out for the Lord to save you from the king you wanted. But the Lord won’t answer your prayers.

19-20 The people would not listen to Samuel. “No!” they said. “We want to be like other nations. We want a king to rule us and lead us in battle.”

21 Samuel listened to them and then told the Lord exactly what they had said. 22 “Do what they want,” the Lord answered. “Give them a king.”

Samuel told the people to go back to their homes.

The rebuilding of the Jew's temple of God during the tribulation is a concession afforded them by the man of sin when he confirms the legitimacy of their claim to the covenental promises made to them by God through their patriarch Abraham. They will then be able to reinstitute their ancient practices of animal sacrifice. This temple will be rebuilt by and exclusively for the Jews and will have nothing whatsoever to do with the beliefs and faith of Christians who, for all intents and purposes, will be observers of those events. At that point in God's redemptive plan the Jews are still unbelievers, and will be until the promised remnant sees Jesus return after the tribulation and then repents.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2018 at 3:35 PM, Grafted Branch said:

. . . .  These Jews are viewed as saved people.

There's nothing that expressly implies that they are believers in Jesus. Though some of the Jews who are warned to flee may have put their faith in Christ the majority have not. If they are, at the time of the abomination and the warning to head for the hills, indeed Christians then they will have forsaken any participation in the temple sacrifices of the Jews.

Staff
50 minutes ago, mardabo said:

The rebuilding of the Jew's temple of God during the tribulation is a concession afforded them by the man of sin when he confirms the legitimacy of their claim to the covenental promises made to them by God through their patriarch Abraham. They will then be able to reinstitute their ancient practices of animal sacrifice. This temple will be rebuilt by and exclusively for the Jews and will have nothing whatsoever to do with the beliefs and faith of Christians who, for all intents and purposes, will be observers of those events. At that point in God's redemptive plan the Jews are still unbelievers, and will be until the promised remnant sees Jesus return after the tribulation and then repents.

The above belief is so very disrespectful of the Cross of Christ . The Sacrifice of the Cross the Sacrifice of His Blood therein is Salvation . In reading the OT the blood was the plan. The above says the in a way the Church of Body of Christ , of which He is the Head, is not good enough nor is the Holy Spirit enough to bring Salvation to those God has called. 

Staff
44 minutes ago, mardabo said:

There's nothing that expressly implies that they are believers in Jesus. Though some of the Jews who are warned to flee may have put their faith in Christ the majority have not. If they are, at the time of the abomination and the warning to head for the hills, indeed Christians then they will have forsaken any participation in the temple sacrifices of the Jews.

A 'christian' who would have any participation in such an abomination was not is not a Christian.

2 minutes ago, Becky said:

The above belief is so very disrespectful of the Cross of Christ . The Sacrifice of the Cross the Sacrifice of His Blood therein is Salvation . In reading the OT the blood was the plan. The above says the in a way the Church of Body of Christ , of which He is the Head, is not good enough nor is the Holy Spirit enough to bring Salvation to those God has called. 

You could use some remedial classes in reading comprehension. You completely missed the point.

Just now, Becky said:

A 'christian' who would have any participation in such an abomination was not is not a Christian.

You've missed the point twice now in as many minutes. You're an admin huh?

• Like 1

Staff

Most likely i could use some classes , while maybe some others could take classes in writing. so we are at a stalemate on that point. . 

Staff
1 hour ago, mardabo said:

You could use some remedial classes in reading comprehension. You completely missed the point.

You've missed the point twice now in as many minutes. You're an admin huh?

So please make your point clear.  

• Like 1

Staff
1 hour ago, mardabo said:

You could use some remedial classes in reading comprehension.

And you could use some lessons in manners.

• Like 1

Staff

Seems odd that some one dishes it out wants to cut and run. 

IF you do not wish to read or post  simply do not sign in . We do not delete accounts 

• Best Answer 2

Staff
2 minutes ago, Becky said:

Seems odd that some one dishes it out wants to cut and run.

So true!

On 10/29/2018 at 8:13 PM, Placable37 said:

Hi Grafted Branch,

Here's a link that may add to your discussion, or leave you none the wiser.

Problem-of-Sacrifices-PDF.

After reading the article you linked me to multiple times and thinking about it I would like to say it seems to be a very well thought out and has given me some insight. I think it correctly points out some of the issues with the “the memorial view” and I would encourage anyone who holds that view to carefully examine the article.

An observation I have made that wasn’t brought up in the article is the free will issue during the millennial reign. The knowledge of good and evil would have to be present during the millennial reign or people wouldn’t be able to distinguish between when they were ceremonially clean or not. Adam and Eve didn’t know their physical condition or that they were naked until they had this knowledge. If people were to choose evil during the millennial reign then it wouldn’t seem to be much different than our current condition. So if people do retain the knowledge of good and evil in the millennium but can’t consciously make a decision between good and evil then there isn’t any free will.

Currently someone who believes in election might say there is a choice but no one can choose Christ because we are dead in our trespasses and sin. In the millennium someone might say there is a choice but no one can choose sin because we are made alive in Christ.

Does this appear to be a fair observation when looking at the article you linked me to?

1 hour ago, Grafted Branch said:

After reading the article you linked me to multiple times and thinking about it I would like to say it seems to be a very well thought out and has given me some insight. I think it correctly points out some of the issues with the “the memorial view” and I would encourage anyone who holds that view to carefully examine the article.

An observation I have made that wasn’t brought up in the article is the free will issue during the millennial reign. The knowledge of good and evil would have to be present during the millennial reign or people wouldn’t be able to distinguish between when they were ceremonially clean or not. Adam and Eve didn’t know their physical condition or that they were naked until they had this knowledge. If people were to choose evil during the millennial reign then it wouldn’t seem to be much different than our current condition. So if people do retain the knowledge of good and evil in the millennium but can’t consciously make a decision between good and evil then there isn’t any free will.

Currently someone who believes in election might say there is a choice but no one can choose Christ because we are dead in our trespasses and sin. In the millennium someone might say there is a choice but no one can choose sin because we are made alive in Christ.

Does this appear to be a fair observation when looking at the article you linked me to?

Hi Grafted Branch, Thanks for your continued interest and input regarding this article. I too have gone through it with a fine toothcomb in a desire to be familiar with all sides of the discussion while not necessarily persuaded of any.  Your observations about freewill are astute and in studying the material I have gained the impression that freewill would fall into the category of a contaminant for which the sacrifices would be made. For me there is no joy in the restoration of the oblations and literal temple so I still ask myself and God what am I missing?

The article is heavily copyrighted so I can't post any excerpts but the conclusion does offer some insight into the meaning of Ezekiel's prophecy as being of a temporary 1000 year period when a partially unglorified population will be covered by daily oblations and temple worship, but not by personal faith in Christ. This is only a temporary or preparatory interval prior to the eternal state when all that remain in Christ's presence are glorified and therefore God's holiness is not assailed.

Edited by Placable37
added to

11 hours ago, Becky said:

I agree.  What you say is certainly true.  And, does that mean that future temple sacrifice cannot happen?

Staff

People do blood sacrifices all the time. And none of  them are Godly.