The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Origen

Dear Heretics

Staff

Dear Heretics

We are very aware of your views on the history of the Christian church especially your views concerning Constantine and the Nicene council.  Many false claims (i.e. lies) have been made concerning exactly what happen at the council and Constantine's role.  Before you start know that some of us, unlike you, have read the sources, know the history.  Thus your false and down right silly claims will be exposed for the the nonsense they are.

If you really want to discuss the topic intelligently you need to read the key sources and not parrot the views of those, like yourselves, who have no idea what the sources say.  That is poor, very poor scholarship.  Therefore for your edification I will list the sources that you need to read, the sources you need to check when quoted.  Remember you will be exposed for a fraud when you demonstrate your complete lack of knowledge on the subject.  So don't waste your time and more importantly our time with false claims, false theology, and lies.

Primary Sources

(1) Eusebius Pamphilus

(2) Athanasius

(3) Eustathius

Secondary Sources

(1) Socrates Scholasticus

(2) Theodoret

(3) Rufinius

(4) Sozomen

(5) Photius

(6) Philostorgius

(7) Socrates Scholasticus

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the derogatory claims about Nicea usually come from non-creedal Christians who view any creed or statement of dogma with suspicion?

Staff
13 minutes ago, Concord said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the derogatory claims about Nicea usually come from non-creedal Christians who view any creed or statement of dogma with suspicion?

Yes, you are correct.  But I was thinking more of those conspiratorial types, the myth followers, those who think they know but really have no idea.  However I do realizes the two groups are not mutually exclusive.:classic_sad:

15 minutes ago, Origen said:

Yes, you are correct.  But I was thinking more of those conspiratorial types, the myth followers, those who think they know but really have no idea.  However I do realizes the two groups are not mutually exclusive.:classic_sad:

Oh, kind of like the "Constantine hijacked Christianity and the church went underground for 1200 years" types?  It's funny, because that "Trail of Blood" mythology has been discredited among the vast majority of Baptists from what I'm given to understand.