The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Support

Kasich: 'The Lord Doesn't Want' Americans Putting Up Walls And Turning Away The Caravan

Appearing on CNN’s Newsroom on Thursday, Ohio Governor John Kasich stated that “The Lord doesn’t want” Americans to build walls around the country and wants Americans to welcome the migrant caravan headed to the United States from Central America.

View the full article

Does He also want us to welcome all of the criminals that are scattered amongst the caravan as well?  Cuz that is the real concern.

• Yay 1

We shouldn't discriminate against those who live in countries that must travel by sea or airplane to the USA. I suggest once a month we send 100 (1000?, 10,000?, etc.) ships and/or airplanes to other parts of the world and take in anyone who wants to come.

We must be fair and equal about who comes to the USA.

Yes, I am being sarcastic.

• Praying 1

I saw what took place when it happened live on Fox News last Sunday (Oct. 28th) in the morning. 

Now this is just one person out of several thousand. I can't find a video with the actual conversation taking place. I was surprised when I saw it.

On 10/26/2018 at 9:12 AM, Faber said:

Not "America", just "Ohio" ... and they all need to be relocated to the same neighborhood that the Governor lives in.

So ... Anyone else volunteering to open your house to caravans of illegal immigrants?

(See, a solution that makes everyone happy).

• Like 1
  • Yay 1

34 minutes ago, Faber said:

I saw what took place when it happened live on Fox News last Sunday (Oct. 28th) in the morning. 

Now this is just one person out of several thousand. I can't find a video with the actual conversation taking place. I was surprised when I saw it.

Wait, he is looking for a pardon, not to be exonerated?  So, he actually committed the crime of which he was accused and is expecting to be let back in?

You got it.

Let's see a show of hands of people that are willing to let him live right next door to them...

• Angry 1

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 5:05 AM, News Feeder said:

Appearing on CNN’s Newsroom on Thursday, Ohio Governor John Kasich stated that “The Lord doesn’t want” Americans to build walls around the country and wants Americans to welcome the migrant caravan headed to the United States from Central America.

View the full article

Amazing . But wouldn't it be a far different story if America did welcome these droves of people into our nation , not knowing anything about them or their intentions and turn this country into a war zone of criminal activity ? And I wonder how Kasich would feel if these homeless souls parked themselves in his back yard ! The president is making the right decision not to allow our country to become over ran with people we know so little about .

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 8:12 AM, Faber said:

We shouldn't discriminate against those who live in countries that must travel by sea or airplane to the USA. I suggest once a month we send 100 (1000?, 10,000?, etc.) ships and/or airplanes to other parts of the world and take in anyone who wants to come.

Yes, I am being sarcastic.

Question ; And where are we supposed to put all of these people ? I'm not willing to see them take away needed entitlements from natural born citizens just because they aren't happy with the country they are fleeing ! And think of the jobs that will be forfeited by genuine U.S. citizens just to keep these people from starving to death . No ! I say , run them back where they came from !

Edited by Matthew A.Duvall

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 2:49 PM, Knotical said:

Wait, he is looking for a pardon, not to be exonerated?  So, he actually committed the crime of which he was accused and is expecting to be let back in?

He only represents an already established mob of criminal thugs that their own nation obviously does not want . So what does their country do ? They make them our problem !

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 4:18 PM, Faber said:

You got it.

Let's see a show of hands of people that are willing to let him live right next door to them...

Without a show of hands the reality is that most Americans favor not allowing these people to enter our country !

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 2:20 PM, atpollard said:

Not "America", just "Ohio" ... and they all need to be relocated to the same neighborhood that the Governor lives in.

So ... Anyone else volunteering to open your house to caravans of illegal immigrants?

(See, a solution that makes everyone happy).

Sorry, but not in my neighborhood ! We need to redirect them to Kasich's home address in Ohio .

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 5:05 AM, News Feeder said:

View the full article

Ahaaa !,,,The Lord also didn't want Kasich to be our next president either . If he is so caring and considerate to allow these ragged souls into our nation not knowing anything of their background then he should begin by letting them into his own house . Now I am wondering what kind of people there are in Ohio that elected this RINO ! ( Republican In Name Only )

On 11/1/2018 at 8:35 PM, Matthew Duvall said:

Question ; And where are we supposed to put all of these people ? I'm not willing to see them take away needed entitlements from natural born citizens just because they aren't happy with the country they are fleeing ! And think of the jobs that will be forfeited by genuine U.S. citizens just to keep these people from starving to death . No ! I say , run them back where they came from !

Where should we put them?  They should be allowed to go wherever they can find work.  They may take jobs that could be filled by citizens but they will need to spend money to live and that will create new jobs.  And they should be subject to background checks to weed out the criminals among them.

I don't agree with everything Governor Kasich says but the Bible does have something to say about how we should treat immigrants and refugees.

https://clydeherrin.wordpress.com/2015/04/23/immigration-and-evangelism/