The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Support

'Invasion' or 'Huddled Masses'? 5 Christian Leaders React to Immigrant Caravan

Here are five Christian leaders' reactions to the news of the approaching immigration caravan. They range from support for the immigrants' well-being to the sense that they constitute an invasion.

View the full article

I terms of Tony Suarez, I am not sure why they have to come to the border and apply for asylum when they can just do so in their home country. In fact, wouldn't that be an unfair advantage against people living in nations that can come only to the US by sea? What about the poor people in Africa, Asia and elsewhere who can not walk to the US but must take a treacherous journey by boat?

Instead of bad mouthing the USA what about the countries where some/many of these people came from? Why is it, despite millions of $ from the US, that these countries are so deplorable that so many people want to leave? Where is the responsibility of their government leaders?

What gets my goat is that I have met so many people from overseas that work so hard to speak and understand the English language, but then I hear of people that come here and want to stay but refuse/do nothing to learn it. I remember awhile back some woman told me that we (the USA) should respect all the other languages from people who come here. I said I do, but if you ever need to call the police about a killer walking around the inside of your house don't be upset if the 911 operator speaks to you in another language besides English and insists that you do so as well.

She never commented about this subject to me again.

• Like 1

Deffinitly an invasion which is being funded by the left. Thier not litteraly marching 1000 miles, but if they were then why dont they take action like that in thier own country? And why do they still cary thier flag if their country is so terrible?

• Like 1