The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

Staff
1 minute ago, Just Mike said:

Do we have a place for praise or for answered prayers that are so uplifting?

The forum "Prayer Wall".

God bless,

William

Ok William I posted one! God bless you. How is the move coming? Still praying for that, and your family. 

Bet your glad CA decided not to split into three parts.  We had  4 houses in CA, 2 in Palmdale, and 2 Modesto. I was stationed at Lemoore CA and Crows Landing, near Modesto. I loved Modesto our son was born there, and our first child a daughter was when we were in Palmdale.

William as we look back we can see how God directed all our different moves. It took faith to make a move when we loved being there, especially when we moved from Phoenix, AZ to Missouri. Now, looking back on our nearly fifty years of marriage we can look back  ans actually understand the why and how it all worked together. What a wonderful God.

• Like 2

Staff
31 minutes ago, Just Mike said:

Ok William I posted one! God bless you. How is the move coming? Still praying for that, and your family. 

Bet your glad CA decided not to split into three parts.  We had  4 houses in CA, 2 in Palmdale, and 2 Modesto. I was stationed at Lemoore CA and Crows Landing, near Modesto. I loved Modesto our son was born there, and our first child a daughter was when we were in Palmdale.

William as we look back we can see how God directed all our different moves. It took faith to make a move when we loved being there, especially when we moved from Phoenix, AZ to Missouri. Now, looking back on our nearly fifty years of marriage we can look back  ans actually understand the why and how it all worked together. What a wonderful God.

They do say hindsight is 20/20.

Our moving is progressing. I'm off at the end of this month to Washington to move my mother from the house we just sold in Washington State. My wife and I are planning our final exodus from California next April.

God bless,

William

• Like 1

I find that some people are amazed when God answers their prayer. I expect an answer, and when I have been the most ill is when my faith in Gods iis the strongest, not because He heals but because His answers are so obvious for more people to see..