The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
R29kIElzI

[Question] Regarding Salvation

2 Peter 2:20-22

20  For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

21  For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

22  But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog isturned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

2 Corinthians 13:5

5  Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Hebrews 10:26-27

26  For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

27  But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

am i dead? no more salvation left for me?

i'm not sure if i've been in christ before but it felt like the holy spirit is in me

Galatians 5:22-23

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

as far as i can remember it felt like i'm in peace, gentleness, goodness, faith, love and ot kind of like i'm connected with christ just that i'm not sure but only lasted one day cause i sin again and i fallen deeper than ever now i'm here

i haven't been baptize though that catholic baptism is invalid according to the bible so i haven't been

and i don't belong into any sect but i accepted christ's teachings and tryin to follow but i'm not sure if i am following it

now i'm sincerely asking for advice if i did breached those GOD's words am i dead? am i going to hell? is there no chance for me? i keep asking the Lord to forgive me i remembered before i did asked and He showed me that He already forgiven me before i even ask Him to after that when i ask for another forgiveness nothing happened

just that there's no point on continue living if i've been abandoned there's nothing in this world that is worth a thing

i tell people that i am a christian whenever they ask but as i was listening to the old path(church) i realized am i really a christian? it seems i'm just a self proclaim one

• Praying 1

Staff
3 minutes ago, R29kIElzI said:

20  For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

21  For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

22  But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog isturned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

5  Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

26  For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

27  But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

i'm not sure if i've been in christ before but it felt like the holy spirit is in me

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

as far as i can remember it felt like i'm in peace, gentleness, goodness, faith, love and ot kind of like i'm connected with christ just that i'm not sure but only lasted one day cause i sin again and i fallen deeper than ever now i'm here

i haven't been baptize though that catholic baptism is invalid according to the bible so i haven't been

and i don't belong into any sect but i accepted christ's teachings and tryin to follow but i'm not sure if i am following it

now i'm sincerely asking for advice if i did breached those GOD's words am i dead? am i going to hell? is there no chance for me? i keep asking the Lord to forgive me i remembered before i did asked and He showed me that He already forgiven me before i even ask Him to after that when i ask for another forgiveness nothing happened

just that there's no point on continue living if i've been abandoned there's nothing in this world that is worth a thing

i tell people that i am a christian whenever they ask but as i was listening to the old path(church) i realized am i really a christian? it seems i'm just a self proclaim one

Hello and welcome to CF!

Your post has been edited, please do not use font customization such as size or color. Other formatting options are available to you in the editor such as bullets, numbers, indent, etc.

50 minutes ago, R29kIElzI said:

Welcome to the board.

This is a complex topic. But, just because we are saved does not mean we will cease to sin. Paul said in Romans that he does the very things that he does not want to do. Peter denied Christ explicitly three times. David sinned with Bathsheba and conspired to have a man murdered and he is called a man after God's own heart.

The point is, we are not glorified the moment that we are saved but we are declared righteous. Our flesh will be at war with the spirit for the rest of our time in this life.

This does not mean that we have a license to sin willfully. We must daily repent of the sins that we commit and strive to put those sins to death and turn from them.

I hope this helps.

• Like 2
  • Best Answer 1

15 hours ago, R29kIElzI said:

as far as i can remember it felt like i'm in peace, gentleness, goodness, faith, love and ot kind of like i'm connected with christ just that i'm not sure but only lasted one day cause i sin again and i fallen deeper than ever now i'm here ...

John 3:16 = 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Galatians 2:16-17 = 16 knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law; for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified.

2Timothy 4:6-8 = 6 For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. 7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.

Only the absence of faith in Jesus Christ can cause one to be not saved from hell when he/she dies. Just sins/evil-deeds alone do not cause one to be unsaved.

Best to not commit sins/evil-deeds/law-breaking, eg Gentile Christians should keep all the non-burdensome laws of God as per Acts 15:24-29 & 21:20-25, eg keep the Ten Commandments(Exodus 20). Horrible calamities will befall anyone who sins or breaks God's Law  wilfully/unrepentantly or ignorantly as per Deuteronomy 28:15-68, Proverbs 1:25-27, 1Corinthians 5:1-5 & 11:30, 1John 5:16-17, etc.

No matter what happens or sufferings wrt ignorant or wilfull sins/crimes and punishment/curses, Christians should keep the faith and never "curse God/Jesus and die".(cf; Job 2:9) Job ignorantly sinned against God(Job 1:5 & 3:25, cf; Exodus 20:5), suffered for his sin but he  kept the faith and did not curse God and die = eventually was forgiven by God, doubly blessed by God and likely saved from hell. In comparison, his wife suffered for his sin, likely lost faith, cursed God and died = not saved.

IOW, salvation hangs by faith in Jesus Christ and not by the good works of keeping the Law. If the works of the Law does not save, the breaking of the Law does not unsave. OTOH, the breaking of the Law, either ignorantly or wilfully/unrepentantly, may cause Christians to lose their salvation by losing faith when suffering horribly for their sins/evil-deeds.

• Like 1