The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Anto9us

LITERATURE began...

with Stan Lee and has gone downhill ever since.

Probably Fantastic Four # 1 by Marvel Comics denotes the beginning of LITERATURE

(even though Stan Lee based FF sort of on an older DC Comics group called Challengers of the Unknown - 4 guys in similar costumes to FF)

There was an earlier DC group called THE DOOM PATROL; from which Lee ripped off ideas for THE X-MEN -- the older leader in a wheelchair and everything...

Stan Lee's TRULY ORIGINAL character, of course, was Spiderman.

DC Comics I would consider "pre-Literature"

I read Superman, Batman, Flash and Green Lantern before I was enlightened into the Marvel world.

Staff

Mid 60s high school English Lit class. The assignment was Shakespeare's  Julius Caesar . We were asked for our opinions of the play . My response " good story" i flunked. 

Had a whole semester of Robert Browning at Baylor -- on one exam we were to pick our favorite poem and discuss it; then pick our least favorite poem and discuss it as well.

I spent the entire time writing about my favorite poem -- Childe Roland To The Dark Tower Came -- and hastily picked the least favorite poem and said " ----------------------- was the worst of the bunch"

• Like 1

I saw ANT-MAN AND THE WASP when it first came out - was very impressed - good movie out of relatively minor Marvel characters, though they were Avengers from early on.

Originally in the comics even THE HULK was an Avenger, but that didn't last long.  HULK is too wild.