The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship Community Forums

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Grafted Branch

Profile Status Updates

I’m not sure if there’s already a way to do this with sticky notes or not, if there is let me know, if not consider it a suggestion. I will be going through a 6 hour surgery, probably in January, and will be on pain meds for a week or two. I don’t want to post or respond during this time. Is there a way I can have a temporary pop up note of some sort that appears when someone tries to quote or respond to me? Perhaps the note could just say something like grafted branch is absent or temporarily inactive due to health issues, expected return date is _____. This could just let people know when to expect a reply if they wanted to quote you. It could also be used if someone had a family tragedy or unexpected death of a loved one. I know I would feel horrible to post something that maybe wasn’t so nice about someone’s political position or interpretation of the scriptures only to find out later on the prayer wall that they really just needed prayer and support at that time. So maybe the prayer wall wouldn’t need the note but other areas would? Or notes could be linked to a specific post in the prayer wall? I’m not very tech savvy so I’m not sure if this would create more problems than it solves.

• Praying 1

Staff

I just enabled "Status Updates" which can be made on your profile wall. It was disabled in your profile settings. Members have the option of enabling (by default disabled) this feature from their Profile>>Notification Settings>>Profile Settings which options are viewed in the right hand side menu. It is enabled now, just go to your profile:

https://www.christforums.org/profile/2160-grafted-branch/

You should then see your activity wall where you may now post your status:

50420095_ProfileStatusUpdates.thumb.jpg.e4022a9dd62f53ddb81f57c578a936eb.jpg

You can always include a link to your prayer request in the prayer wall category.

God bless,

William