The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
William

Reformed humor: for the love of craft beers

Staff

Genius! Oh my gosh, I couldn't stop laughing while and after viewing this multiple times. I have to try this!

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• 'Live, Laugh, Love' Sign Discovered In Paul The Apostle's Prison Cell

ROME—The Apostle Paul was imprisoned in Rome near the time of his death, after a long life suffering in various prison conditions throughout his ministry. Christians have often wondered how Paul the Apostle kept the faith during those dark years. The post 'Live, Laugh, Love' Sign Discovered In Paul The Apostle's Prison Cell appeared first on The Babylon Bee. View the original full article

in Christian Satire

• Thoughts on the Reformed Faith?

Hello everyone! Firstly, I would like to start out by saying that I am glad to be here! I really hope that I can have some civil, thoughtful, Scripture-filled discussion with people from all different denominations!    So, I am posting this topic to get a general idea of what you think of the Reformed faith. I am currently a member of another site like this one, where I was not very well accepted, to the point that I was told by another site member I needed to "just take my Calvinism a

in General Faith

• How to Love Opioid Addicts in Your Community—and Church

It was 2 a.m. when I received the call. A young man in our church had gotten high on heroin, cut his wrist, and posted on Facebook that he was ready to die. Since his relapse a few months prior, members of the church had been trying to help him. I rushed out of bed and spent the night driving the streets of our little town, alongside law enforcement, looking for him. Miraculously, he didn’t die. But the journey of helping him escape his addiction is ongoing and painful. It has already included

in Christian Current Events

• We Must Love the Families of Children in Need

“There are several myths I’ve encountered as I work with parents. One is that low-income parents don’t care about education, that they don’t care about their children learning. Often there are extenuating circumstances within the family or home that may lead to that perception. But these parents care about their children; they care about their children’s academics. They want their children to learn. They want the same things for their children as other middle- and upper-income families want for

in Christian Current Events

• We Cannot Love God if We Do Not Love His Word

R.C. Sproul     Emil Brunner, the twentieth-century Swiss theologian and one of the fathers of neoorthodox theology, wrote a little book titled Truth as Encounter. His thesis was that when we study the things of God, we are not studying truth in the abstract. We want to understand theology not merely so that we can make an A on a theology exam. We want to understand the doctrine of God so that we can understand God, so that we can meet the living God in His Word and deepen our personal r

in General Faith