The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
David Joyce

Prayer for new job, wife very ill with cancer

Please pray that I find employment soon. My wife was diagnosed with Ewing Sarcoma in April and is undergoing chemo. I was her full time caretaker and now I must go back to work as financially we cannot afford me not to work, and we are barely making our mortgage. Cancer has devastated my family, my marriage and our finances. I'm a disabled Veteran with a Master's degree and I feel a great deal alone during this season...any prayer or help would be greatly appreciated. God Bless.

• Like 1
  • Praying 3

I’m so sorry to hear about your wife’s illness and your situation. This is a hard thing to go through. I know how difficult and frustrating it must be for you. I just said a prayer for your wife, asking the Lord to touch her with His healing hands and strengthen her. Be assured of my prayers for you to find a good job. We serve a compassionate, loving God who knows and cares about every detail of our lives. May you rest in the assurance the psalmist expressed when he wrote: “In the day of my trouble I shall call upon You, for You will answer me” (Psalm 86:7). Grace and peace to you.

Edited by lilstarsmum
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, David Joyce said:

Please pray that I find employment soon. My wife was diagnosed with Ewing Sarcoma in April and is undergoing chemo. I was her full time caretaker and now I must go back to work as financially we cannot afford me not to work, and we are barely making our mortgage. Cancer has devastated my family, my marriage and our finances. I'm a disabled Veteran with a Master's degree and I feel a great deal alone during this season...any prayer or help would be greatly appreciated. God Bless.

My prayers, I stand with you!

• Like 1

David, I can't imagine the pain and stress you and your wife are enduring. The very least I can do is pray for you to find a job and your wife to heal. I did this right now. When I have dealt with some life threatening issues I have prayed and asked for others to for God the place me in the center of His will. Never has God Almighty failed me, nor will He fail you.

David what is your degree in, and what % disability are you and what branch of the service were you. I am also a 100% disabled Navy vet, so we have some things in common, but most of all its Jesus Christ. Dear brother if ever there is a praying group of believers this ChristForuns is the place. I look to hear from you soon. God bless you and your wife, and remember God is in control. God bless.

• Like 2

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:46 PM, David Joyce said:

I'll have you and your wife in my prayers .   M

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 11:46 AM, David Joyce said:

Can I add you wechat? I will ask our brother and sister to pray for you?

Praying for you both.

Psalm 37 : Vs 23-25

23 The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way.

24 Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the Lord upholdeth him with his hand.

25 I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.

On 1/21/2019 at 1:59 PM, brinny said:

Praying for your precious wife, and you too, David (((hug)))

We have not heard from this man with his very ill wife from last Thanks Giving. Odd how he asked for prayer and then nothing.

• Praying 1

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:46 PM, David Joyce said:

She must be experiencing a lot of pain with undergoing chemo therapy . Praying for both of you for a full recovery and finding employment to support you both.    M