The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Hitch

Question for Millennialist

One gain is to show that we are so evil we won't follow God even if we live in a perfect environment. During his reign everyone will be forced to obey.  When Satan is released at the end of the Millennium many will follow him in spite of the perfect life they enjoyed before.  This means that those who lived in other times won't be able to excuse their actions by blaming them on the times in which they live.  

Dispensational logic is as rare as hairy chickens.   According to these people  if  after  Jesus promised to build his church, God seated  JESUS Christ as  His own  Right  Hand and gave  him  all the power and authority there is ,,,Then sent the  Holy  Spirit to  minister on earth  drawing men to the  Father and  convicting them of their sin , it would end in failure. 

Your opening is patently ridiculous.  Christ  knows all about the sins of men ,right now.  

'Forced to obey' ... LOL This is what you just defined as a 'perfect environment' ,   You just hope you get one of the good jobs... And all that  stuff about  'by  My Spirit'   worthless drivel,  hardly even touches on  'dispensational truth' . But  I must thank you, sometimes  I tell folks  the DF  are soft on the  Trinity and  barely  acknowledge  the  stature and power  of the  Holy  Spirit, and they dont believe me, they will now.

Your closing, Getagrip, that is as true today as it was in the garden. 

I recon this as good as can be expected of the system that  removed the  Lord's  Prayer from the church. 

Jesus, who is God is fulfilling prophesy, that He would rule as King in Jerusalem. The Jews throughout history looked for the Messiah, their Savior to do just that. To return, judge the ungodly and rule as King. They expected Him to do this upon His First Coming, but that was not His purpose. His Second Coming will fulfill the promise.

Jesus gains His Bride, the Church at His Coming. He already has them in His time domain, spiritually.

"Then the King will say to those oh his right, 'Come you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world." Matt. 25:34.

At the sound of the Seventh Trumpet, " ...The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ, and He will reign for ever and ever." Rev. 11:15

When judgment is served, when sin and evil are removed from the earth, what come next? Peace, for 1000 years, paradise reborn. The lion, the wolf, the cobra will be at peace as well with man.

"Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years." Rev.20:6 The "second death" come after this when Satan is once again released for a while to deceive and is finally thrown into the Lake of Fire and destroyed.

"They also said, 'Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into the sky? This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in just the same way as you have watched Him go into heaven,'" Heb. 9:28

"Behold, He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the Earth will mourn over Him. So it is to be. Amen." Rev.1:7

"For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven ..." 1 Thes. 4:16

On 10/15/2018 at 11:47 AM, Ronald said:

They expected Him to do this upon His First Coming, but that was not His purpose.

He didn't begin ruling at his first coming because the Jews rejected him and told Pilate that their only king was Caesar.  

On 10/11/2018 at 5:56 PM, Hitch said:

What  does  Christ gain  by his bodily presence in  Jerusalem for 1,000 years ?

He fulfills the prophecy written in Rev 20.

On 10/12/2018 at 7:33 PM, Hitch said:

According to these people  if  after  Jesus promised to build his church, God seated  JESUS Christ as  His own  Right  Hand and gave  him  all the power and authority there is ,,,Then sent the  Holy  Spirit to  minister on earth  drawing men to the  Father and  convicting them of their sin , it would end in failure. 

I don't see how this ends in failure...

On 10/12/2018 at 7:33 PM, Hitch said:

Christ  knows all about the sins of men ,right now.  

Where did he say that Christ didn't?

On 10/15/2018 at 11:47 AM, Ronald said:

Jesus, who is God is fulfilling prophesy, that He would rule as King in Jerusalem. The Jews throughout history looked for the Messiah, their Savior to do just that. To return, judge the ungodly and rule as King. They expected Him to do this upon His First Coming, but that was not His purpose. His Second Coming will fulfill the promise.

Yes

On 10/17/2018 at 11:11 AM, theophilus said:

He didn't begin ruling at his first coming because the Jews rejected him and told Pilate that their only king was Caesar.  

Which also fulfilled a prophecy by the way.

Here's the thing about the 1,000 years. The question is not what does Christ gain. There is nothing that Christ needs to gain. The question is, does this align with Scripture? Is this doing what God said He would do? Now @Hitch , you disagree with Dispensationalists. That's fine. But you should at least portray their views correctly if you are going to attack them.

There is no need to belittle another belief system simply because you do not think it is correct. I am Dispensational, well more like "leaky dispensational" but I do not go around slamming Covenant Theology advocates. 

Dispensationalists exegete the passages just like Covenants. We come to different conclusions. BOTH camps bring presuppositions to the text. But there is no reason for us to attack each other viciously. Instead, let's have an honest debate.

On 10/12/2018 at 8:56 AM, Hitch said:

What  does  Christ gain  by his bodily presence in  Jerusalem for 1,000 years ?

Isaiah65:17-25 = The Glorious New Creation

17 “For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; And the former shall not be remembered or come to mind.
18 But be glad and rejoice forever in what I create; For behold, I create Jerusalem as a rejoicing, And her people a joy.
19 I will rejoice in Jerusalem, And joy in My people; The voice of weeping shall no longer be heard in her, Nor the voice of crying.

20 “No more shall an infant from there live but a few days, Nor an old man who has not fulfilled his days; For the child shall die one hundred years old,
But the sinner being one hundred years old shall be accursed.
21 They shall build houses and inhabit them; They shall plant vineyards and eat their fruit.
22 They shall not build and another inhabit; They shall not plant and another eat;
For as the days of a tree, so shall be the days of My people, And My elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.
23 They shall not labor in vain, Nor bring forth children for trouble;
For they shall be the descendants of the blessed of the Lord, And their offspring with them.

24 “It shall come to pass That before they call, I will answer; And while they are still speaking, I will hear.
25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, The lion shall eat straw like the ox, And dust shall be the serpent’s food.
They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain,”
Says the Lord.

Since Adam, has there been a world or earth as described above, eg a world/earth without any tears or sorrow.?

....... Redemption of fallen Man by Lord/God Jesus Christ includes redeeming this old world/earth that has been filled with tears and sorrow = a new earth/world of  love, peace and joy for 1,000 years, as prophesied in Revelation20:1-6.