The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
News Feeder

City May Force Shelter for Abused Women to House Man

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Topics

• House repairs

Trying to match a whodunnit texture finish is not an easy task...  the idiot used duct tape on the edge of the sofit while never removing the residue and it is painted over.  I will not wash the walls and ceiling  prime them and NOT remove that duct tape residue . So far the best attempt has been heat , scraping , then a sanding ... about 8 foot left to go.  It is strange how huge a strip 1 inch to maybe 1 1/2 by ten foot long can look... almost ready to skim coat the whole sofit ...  I dont eve

in The Whining Board

• Martina Navratilova: It’s ‘Cheating’ to Allow Trans Athletes in Women’s Sports

A well-known and groundbreaking gay athlete has spoken out about transgenderism and sports -- and her comments don’t fit the LGBT narrative. View the full article

in Christian Current Events

• Weiner Out: Disgraced Ex-Pol Leaves Jail For Halfway House

By Kevin Daley - Former Democratic U.S. Rep. Anthony Weiner was transferred from a federal detention facility in Devens, Massachusetts, to a residential re-entry center in Brooklyn, New York, according to the Federal Bureau of Prisons. Weiner will register as a sex offender as a condition of his release from custody, which is currently scheduled for May 14. His sentence was lessened by several months due to good behavior. Inmates confined to residential re-entry centers — sometimes known a

in Political Conservative News

• Pastor, Preach Like Hurt Women Are Listening

I returned to the church at age 25, with a buried abortion story and a 2-year-old in tow. In my mind, God was like many of the men I’d encountered in my short years—power-hungry and eager to take what didn’t belong to him, while giving no thought to the mess left behind. I confessed these thoughts to the small group I’d begun to attend, and the men and women around me responded with compassion and understanding. The Lord awakened my heart to faith through the preaching of the gospel at that chu

in Christian Current Events

• House to Vote On Trillion Dollar Spending Bill Thursday. No One Has Read It

By Molly Prince - The House of Representatives is scheduled to vote on a government appropriations bill on Thursday evening and with a day until the vote, lawmakers still have not received the text of the legislation. “Pelosi and the Democrats promised a full 72 hours to review legislation,” a senior conservative congressional aide told The Daily Caller News Foundation. “But now we’re voting on a massive, probably thousands-page long conference report tomorrow and we haven’t even seen text

in Political Conservative News