The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Support

Partisan Hate in America the Worst Its Been in 125 Years, Says Political Science Professor

Partisan hatred between Democrats and Republicans is at its worst point in 125 years, according to a political science professor who recently released a book about the United States' political polarization.

View the full article

America today resembles less of the country I grew up in. I remember a time when Democrats and Republican worked for the betterment of our country, now these two parties are at war seeking to destroy what the other had accomplished. People are more mean and nasty, asking for help on the roadside just might get you robbed or killed. Sexual abuse and attacks were far less. You could trust a Cop to be honest and truthful. Most everyone went to church on Sunday, business's were closed, except the grocery store opened at 12:30 until 4"30. Sears was the really the main store along with J C Penny.  When a label said "Sears Best" that was the best there was.  Most all cars and trucks were made in the US, until about 1960 Men and women who served in WW II still had real resentment against Germany and Japan in 1950. I remember food drives for people in the UK in the late forties, along with scrap metal drives..  There was a time when the Pledge to our flag did not have "God in it. 

For me it seems like " In a land far, far away and a long time ago" American's worked hard together to make our country a better place. Today people are divided, do as they please, anger and hate run deep with so many. God is rejected by the majority, Political parties are at war, and anarchy is in the streets. MS13 is a deadly gang that is in cities and killing is their sport.

How can  we sing God bless America, when for the most part America has left God?

• Like 2
  • Praying 1

13 minutes ago, Just Mike said:

How can  we sing God bless America, when for the most part America has left God?

I wonder how many people would enjoy or feel uncomfortable singing if the title of the song was 'America, Bless God.'

It's good to ask His blessing upon us but in turn do we bless Him for His goodness to us in oh so man ways.

Not that anyone is alive from the Civil War but I wonder if we are even more sharply divided today as compared with then.

• Best Answer 1

13 hours ago, News Feeder said:

Partisan hatred between Democrats and Republicans is at its worst point in 125 years, according to a political science professor who recently released a book about the United States' political polarization.

View the full article

It seems like the democrats have done us a huge favor since they exposed themselves as being just what they are . A party that is willing to do anything to gain control of the house, senate and Congress.  Now their own party members are giving second thought as to weather they want to remain in the party or switch to the more moderate conservative  Republican party. They showed their capabilities of the most despicable kind during the Judge Kavanaugh hearings .  Making threats and promising to ruin the career of a man that was perfectly qualified to be on the Supreme Court . The amazing thing about their actions is that it all had to do with one thing and one thing only . They LOST the ELECTION ! It has nothing to do with hatred between the parties. That's obvious because of the non aggressive attitude among the Republicans. The party of Lincoln just stood by and took the abuse from this sack of fleas called democrats ! So let the party of infested rats go and create more chaos and spread more lies and deceptions . Because the more they do the more their ranks get depleted and the more Republican votes we gain .  And they haven't the slightest idea that it is being done. Pride is their motivation . But since they have a non Christian and God hating attitude they are too ignorant to know that the sin that God hates above all others will come back and haunt them into absolute failure. Pv.6: 16-20 .    

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Matthew Duvall said:

It seems like the democrats have done us a huge favor since they exposed themselves as being just what they are . A party that is willing to do anything to gain control of the house, senate and Congress.  Now their own party members are giving second thought as to weather they want to remain in the party or switch to the more moderate conservative  Republican party. They showed their capabilities of the most despicable kind during the Judge Kavanaugh hearings .  Making threats and promising to ruin the career of a man that was perfectly qualified to be on the Supreme Court . The amazing thing about their actions is that it all had to do with one thing and one thing only . They LOST the ELECTION ! It has nothing to do with hatred between the parties. That's obvious because of the non aggressive attitude among the Republicans. The party of Lincoln just stood by and took the abuse from this sack of fleas called democrats ! So let the party of infested rats go and create more chaos and spread more lies and deceptions . Because the more they do the more their ranks get depleted and the more Republican votes we gain .  And they haven't the slightest idea that it is being done. Pride is their motivation . But since they have a non Christian and God hating attitude they are too ignorant to know that the sin that God hates above all others will come back and haunt them into absolute failure. Pv.6: 16-20 .    

I believe the Liberals are very concerned that (Abortion) and (Same Sex Marriage) will soon be reversed in a conservative 5/4 majority court.

I believe their concerns will very soon become a reality.

Edited by Truth7t7

We have read about the Democrat's, but that surly does not mean the Republican's are not without fault. Just recently we saw the funeral of one of the most famous republicans who himself voted against his own party. Unless some party members on both sides can cross over the line and quit this voting straight with their party the war between the Republican and Democrat parties will get even worse.

Mindless irresponsible snowflakes that want everything they can get for free, without having to go a single thing, are the ones we see demonstrating against the Trump administration. These snowflakes are the warriors the Democrats are using to show the voters how upset our country is. This like most of the media are as fake as the Russian Collusion investigation.

Do you or I think the war between the Democrats and Republicans will end any time soon? Too many people are angry and mean and without Jesus Christ, and they are willing to live the lifestyle so clearly stated in Romans chapter one. The war between good and evil will only get worse, until Jesus Jesus Christ returns.

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:38 AM, Faber said:

I wonder how many people would enjoy or feel uncomfortable singing if the title of the song was 'America, Bless God.'

It's good to ask His blessing upon us but in turn do we bless Him for His goodness to us in oh so man ways.

Not that anyone is alive from the Civil War but I wonder if we are even more sharply divided today as compared with then.

Actually we have to take advantage of what Jesus tells us,,, " Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and then all of these things will be added unto you ." Matt.2:33       M